Dungy staying with Colts

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Im curious to see what kind of effect there will be when he really does leave. I think it is going to coincide with the decline of the skills of the offensive players due to age and its gonna make him look like even a better coach.

On the other hand though, they're sure to spend another high draft pick this year on defense, and they've continually subbed in young guys at most positions on offense. The only 2 guys where you start talking about age are Harrison and Manning, and Manning's shown no signs of slowing down. Toss in another couple first rounders on that defense to fill in some holes, and bring back Freeney healthy, and they could well just keep getting better. They've managed to lock up almost all their key guys at this point, and when people do leave, they've found guys to step in almost immediately (Ugoh).

I'll be that guy and say it: I think Dungy blew the SD game. Should've kicked the FG with 3 min. left and put the game in the hands of his defense. I really think the genius of that organization is in the front office. That team has been built solid from both days of the draft. Can anyone name a 1st round bust? Manning, Harrison, the Edge, Freeney, Wayne, Addai...all 1st round picks-turned-superstars. How do we measure up? Urlacher, Harris...that's it :bang

I'll be that guy and say it: I think Dungy blew the SD game. Should've kicked the FG with 3 min. left and put the game in the hands of his defense. I really think the genius of that organization is in the front office. That team has been built solid from both days of the draft. Can anyone name a 1st round bust? Manning, Harrison, the Edge, Freeney, Wayne, Addai...all 1st round picks-turned-superstars. How do we measure up? Urlacher, Harris...that's it :bang

Actually, since Dungy took over in 2002, they have had no 1st round busts.

BTW, I wouldn't call Joseph Addai a SUPERSTAR quite yet, but he's well on his way.

Also, you can put Bob Sanders in your list of great drafting, but he was taken in the 2nd round.