Kentwan Balmer

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Let's say we traded somebody for another 2nd rounder. How unhappy would you be if we took Kentwan Balmer with our 2nd 2nd rounder, DT from North Carolina? He's arguably in the top 3 DT's this year, and we all know JA loves DT's.

I REALLY can't see us trading anyone for a 2nd rounder. Teams value those 2nd round picks incredibly high. Who would we offer?

That being said, it depends on what we do in free agency. For instance, I suspect that we'll restructure Darwin Walker's deal. We should have some resolution with his situation one way or another well before the April 26th draft. We know Tommie, Dvoracek, and Anthony Adams are all certain to be back.

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me to see us draft a DT in the 2nd round. I didn't think we needed another D-lineman when we draft Tank, Mark Anderson, Dusty Dvoracek, or Dan Bazuin. I'd be a little upset, since that's not our greatest need (O-line, WR, QB, WR, Safety . . . I left off RB since I really believe we'll address that during free agency.

Let's say we traded somebody for another 2nd rounder. How unhappy would you be if we took Kentwan Balmer with our 2nd 2nd rounder, DT from North Carolina? He's arguably in the top 3 DT's this year, and we all know JA loves DT's.

The only way I see us getting another 2nd rounder is if we traded down in the 1st, which is possible. However, I wouldn't like using a 2nd on a DT. I understand the concerns with injuries, but with the way some of those guys came on late in the season (Toeaina and Kennedy), the position looks pretty good.

My favorite scenario is OL, QB, and WR taken in the first 3 picks (any order). I wouldn't mind Safety either, but some of this might shake itself out prior to the draft.

I don't think the Bears have a player on the roster that they would be willing to deal that could net them a 2nd round pick. The only potential guy that would even come close would be someone like Mark Anderson and I don't think he would get a 2nd rounder nor do I think the Bears would deal him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears do try to shore up the dline, especially given the fact that there are health issues surrounding the two best tackles, however, they have a good amount of money and talent on that line and my guess is you'll see them sign a veteran who is cut (or just stick with that Oregon guy that they signed late last season that impressed) and go with the rest of the guys they have (aside from Walker, who I think is as good as gone).