Reminds me of when we released David Terrell

bradjock

I bitched when we dumped David Terrell because he was our #1 WR & we seemed to have no back-up plan.

I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like within the next week, we'd signed Moose.

We obviously dumped DT knowing we'd get Moose or someone similar.

So what's our plan now? Is it:

a) Marty Booker: The most obvious choice, but who knows?

B) Resign Berrian: Very possible. But why are we waiting on the announcement?

c) The unknown: There's rumors Detroit wants to trade Shaun McDonald. There will be other WR's available also.

Predictions????

Sign Berrian, something like 5 years, $28 million

Sign Bryant Johnson, something like 3 years, $12 million

Draft a WR in round 5, hopefully Jerome Simpson

I'm not certain, but I think the Bears previously offered Berrian something like 5 million, 28 million (I forget the exact terms of the supposed deal, but he was guaranteed 8.)

If we could get Bryan Johnson for 3 years 12 million, that'd be a steal. I'm guessing that's what we'll have to pay for Marty Booker, and he's 32 years old.

Great in theory, but neither likely.

I'm not certain, but I think the Bears previously offered Berrian something like 5 million, 28 million (I forget the exact terms of the supposed deal, but he was guaranteed 8.)

If we could get Bryan Johnson for 3 years 12 million, that'd be a steal. I'm guessing that's what we'll have to pay for Marty Booker, and he's 32 years old.

Great in theory, but neither likely.

When I said 5 years, 30 million, they said it was too much, so that's why I took 2 million off.

Booker might only want like 3 million a year. If we wants 4 or more million a year, I'd rather not and use that money toward Faneca or another OL.