Jake Scott to the Titans

butkusrules

LT2_3,

I agree with you... You can read my post in the lower section.

I can see a off topic forum making sense. I can see a fantasy football forum making sense. Having someone else determine whether our opinions on free agents regarding the Bears, is Bear related or not, is insulting.

ONE of my major issues about this change (and that is what it is because everything was in one forum until recently) is that nobody thought to consult the membership on the change. At Bearstalk, we would have discussions about everything and vote on something as important as a change like this. An arbitrary structural change like this sends a message that our opinions don't count: accept things as we do them or leave. The dismissive attitude of "you'll get used to it" certainly doesn't help matters. Guess which way I'm leaning if I feel I (and the contingent from Bearstalk) have no input?

My other major issue is simply of personal convenience. Most of what I bring to this (or any of the other 3 boards I post on) regards the salary cap and financial side of things as well as interpretation of the CBA regading eligibilty for the practice squad, injury settlements, and RFA tenders among other things. (Has anyone else here read the CBA ONCE much less many times?) If you split things into 2 forums, you're making it a pain in the ass for me by making me go to multiple places to post on the subjects that I can be most helpful with. If things are split into 2 forums, I'm not likely to bother posting here at all because it's such a pain in the ass.

So, in conclusion, this is a crossroads for me. If posting here takes too much of my valuable time due to these structural changes for me to continue, I will be sad because DaBearsShrine which evolved into Bearstalk which has now evolved into TalkBears was the first message board I ever joined back in 1997. I understand that things change, but the combination of not having a voice anymore and the board turning into a pain in the ass to post at, will cause me to leave.

I almost posted a poll on the main board to get everyone's opinion on the subject, but didn't for 2 reasons:

1. I'm not an admin and it would be inappropriate for me to usurp that position.

2. It would probably get moved to the off-topic forum and never get seen by anyone anyway so why bother

I can see a off topic forum making sense. I can see a fantasy football forum making sense. Having someone else determine whether our opinions on free agents regarding the Bears, is Bear related or not, is insulting.

ONE of my major issues about this change (and that is what it is because everything was in one forum until recently) is that nobody thought to consult the membership on the change. At Bearstalk, we would have discussions about everything and vote on something as important as a change like this. An arbitrary structural change like this sends a message that our opinions don't count: accept things as we do them or leave. The dismissive attitude of "you'll get used to it" certainly doesn't help matters. Guess which way I'm leaning if I feel I (and the contingent from Bearstalk) have no input?

My other major issue is simply of personal convenience. Most of what I bring to this (or any of the other 3 boards I post on) regards the salary cap and financial side of things as well as interpretation of the CBA regading eligibilty for the practice squad, injury settlements, and RFA tenders among other things. (Has anyone else here read the CBA ONCE much less many times?) If you split things into 2 forums, you're making it a pain in the ass for me by making me go to multiple places to post on the subjects that I can be most helpful with. If things are split into 2 forums, I'm not likely to bother posting here at all because it's such a pain in the ass.

So, in conclusion, this is a crossroads for me. If posting here takes too much of my valuable time due to these structural changes for me to continue, I will be sad because DaBearsShrine which evolved into Bearstalk which has now evolved into TalkBears was the first message board I ever joined back in 1997. I understand that things change, but the combination of not having a voice anymore and the board turning into a pain in the ass to post at, will cause me to leave.

I almost posted a poll on the main board to get everyone's opinion on the subject, but didn't for 2 reasons:

1. I'm not an admin and it would be inappropriate for me to usurp that position.

2. It would probably get moved to the off-topic forum and never get seen by anyone anyway so why bother

Give me a couple hours to get some actual work done and I will post exactly the poll you mention. I'm not certain where the best point is to draw the dividing line between what goes in the Bears forum and what goes in the NFL forum, and a good chunk of this site is adapted to rules that I'm not. I'll put a poll up in the Bears forum in a couple hours and we'll see what people think the dividing line should be.

It's not my goal here to be some sort of evil dictator forcing everyone to stay in line, just to try to keep things working smoothly for everyone. We don't want to lose you because a few threads get moved.

Give me a couple hours to get some actual work done and I will post exactly the poll you mention. I'm not certain where the best point is to draw the dividing line between what goes in the Bears forum and what goes in the NFL forum, and a good chunk of this site is adapted to rules that I'm not. I'll put a poll up in the Bears forum in a couple hours and we'll see what people think the dividing line should be.

It's not my goal here to be some sort of evil dictator forcing everyone to stay in line, just to try to keep things working smoothly for everyone. We don't want to lose you because a few threads get moved.

2 things:

1. A discussion thread posted first might make sense so that in case any opinions are changed in the course of the discussion or if the discussion helps clarify where to draw the line for voting purposes, then you don't have to post multiple polls.

2. Please delete my Salary Cap analysis thread (or at least all the info in the first post) immediately. After this discussion, I may or may not choose to post an updated one with all the recent transactions. If this isn't done soon (as in today) you can COUNT ON there never being another one.

You can't underestimate how incredibly pissed I am that this sort of heavy handed change without board discussion has taken place with a group that I have been a part of for 11 years.

You can't underestimate how incredibly pissed I am that this sort of heavy handed change without board discussion has taken place with a group that I have been a part of for 11 years.

I don't want to stop posting at a site I have been actively participating for 8+ years. But this is a serious problem for me. I cant understand how my post was not Bears related. Someone try to explain this to me.

I have found myself stepping back and thinking why am I so pissed about this its just one post moved to another area. But its one thing to move the post, its another to defend the fundamental logic behind doing it. If this is the route we are going I'm going to have to question everything I post. "Is this Bear enough"??? which begs the follow up question "Is this Worth it?"

I don't want to stop posting at a site I have been actively participating for 8+ years. But this is a serious problem for me. I cant understand how my post was not Bears related. Someone try to explain this to me.

I have found myself stepping back and thinking why am I so pissed about this its just one post moved to another area. But its one thing to move the post, its another to defend the fundamental logic behind doing it. If this is the route we are going I'm going to have to question everything I post. "Is this Bear enough"??? which begs the follow up question "Is this Worth it?"

Based on our discussion in the poll thread I opened, I think it's safe to say that I won't be moving threads like this in the future. We may attempt some format changes in the near future also, but if the majority of the site wants everything NFL related to just sit in the Bears forum, we're happy to oblige.