Source: Deangelo Hall to the Raiders

kyyle23

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3295344

The Atlanta Falcons have reached an agreement in principle with the Oakland Raiders to trade cornerback DeAngelo Hall for the Raiders' second-round pick in the 2008 draft, pending the Raiders finalizing a contract with Hall, according to a source close to the Falcons.

I wonder how Hall will feel going from one bottom feeder to another. I dont imagine he will remain quiet for long.

That is a pretty solid move for the Raiders though. A 2nd round pick, albeit a high one, isn't too much to give up for a player of Hall's magnitude and ability.

I'd say it's a pretty decent deal for the Falcons too. It's what they need to be doing, moving their disgruntled veterans, stockpiling draft picks, clearing out cap space, etc. They do what they need to do with this deal.

ESPN's John Clayton reports the contract DeAngelo Hall is expected to sign after he's acquired by Oakland will be for six years and over $50 million.

Nnamdi Asomugha is going to want (and deserve) at least that. Asante Samuel's with the Eagles was for six years and $57.14 million. Clayton says Raiders owner Al Davis is pulling out all the stops to make this deal a reality.