Bears Interested in Jamaal Charles

dawhizz

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear05.article

It's easy to say "Oh no, not another Texas RB", but he's quite a bit different than Benson and even Williams with his speed (4.38 40 at the combine). Plus, while he's not terribly physical, he does have legit size for the NFL and brings a pure speed dimension our RBs don't currently have. I haven't watched a lot of his games, but a friend of mine who follows Texas football says he's one of those guys who can get stuffed for 3 plays and then take it to the house, so he's inconsistent when you watch him, but at the end of the day, the numbes are there. Any other thoughts on him?

Guest TerraTor
"[The Bears'] offense was very similar to what we ran here with inside and outside zone plays and with [isolation] plays,'' Forte said of his film and playbook session with Spencer.

What go three and out and hope the defense gets a takeaway in field goal range?

I wouldnt be too upset with him. at least hes over 200lbs and can run. Seems to have alot more heart and passion then a certain fucktard from Texas we all know

my preferences are for a RB after taking OL in round 1 are..

Chris Johnson

This guy has Hester/Deon speed and although he's only 200#, he does not shy away from lowering his head. He runs with much more power than you'd think from a speed demon like him. He can make an immediate impact in the passing game on 3rd downs and as a change of pace to Benson.

Forte

Does a LOT of things well.....run, catch and block. Plus he's not slow as he ran a sub-4.5. over 2K yards and over 20 TDs last year. He the best blocker in pass protection of the 3.

Charles

Home run threat but seems to shy away from contact. The less physical of the 3 but I wouldnt be upset if JA took him in the 2nd.

Charles and Johnson are almost the exact same size except Johnson is faster and more physical from what I've seen.

Is our 2nd rounder too high for these guys? I mainly point that out because Johnson, Forte, and Charles could easily be around in round 3, where the Bears have the 9th pick.

Swapping picks with San Fran all of a sudden seems incredibly vauluable.

my preferences are for a RB after taking OL in round 1 are..

Chris Johnson

This guy has Hester/Deon speed and although he's only 200#, he does not shy away from lowering his head. He runs with much more power than you'd think from a speed demon like him. He can make an immediate impact in the passing game on 3rd downs and as a change of pace to Benson.

Forte

Does a LOT of things well.....run, catch and block. Plus he's not slow as he ran a sub-4.5. over 2K yards and over 20 TDs last year. He the best blocker in pass protection of the 3.

Charles

Home run threat but seems to shy away from contact. The less physical of the 3 but I wouldnt be upset if JA took him in the 2nd.

Charles and Johnson are almost the exact same size except Johnson is faster and more physical from what I've seen.

Is our 2nd rounder too high for these guys? I mainly point that out because Johnson, Forte, and Charles could easily be around in round 3, where the Bears have the 9th pick.

I posted this the other day in my mock draft thread- trade our 14th to Miami for their 2nd, 3rd, and 6th/7th. This way, they can get their pass rush guy in Derrick Harvey if they go with Matt Ryan at 1.

This way, we could go:

Flacco

Nicks

Forte

Rachal

Simpson

with our 2 2nds and our 3 3rds.

hmmm....no, the only one that has a chance of being there in the 3rd is Forte.

One thing nobody has mentioned: Don't we really need to draft o-line in rounds #1 & rounds #2??? Christ almighty we are thin at that position. As deep as this draft is, it wouldn't hurt us to draft two offensive tackles. Nicks might be available, or even a guard like John Grecko could still be around when we draft in the 2nd round. How do we pass him up?

I know you want a QB, but I think we'll wait till later to draft a guy like Woodsen, Henne, Brennen, etc. As for RB, there's no way in hell we draft a RB in round 1 after we took Cedric at #4 overall, and drafted Wolfe in the 3rd.

IMO in round #3 we'd take the top running-back available, (Hopefully Forte) and with our 2nd #3 we'd take a WR. I'm looking at the Sporting News Draft Guide, and they have 11 WR's marked as 3rd round talent. That means we'll have one helluva a lot to choose from.

With the rest of our picks we'd look at DT's, WR, and probably two safeties (The way we went through them last year we'll probably need them. )

I posted this the other day in my mock draft thread- trade our 14th to Miami for their 2nd, 3rd, and 6th/7th. This way, they can get their pass rush guy in Derrick Harvey if they go with Matt Ryan at 1.

This way, we could go:

Flacco

Nicks

Forte

Rachal

Simpson

with our 2 2nds and our 3 3rds.

One thing nobody has mentioned: Don't we really need to draft o-line in rounds #1 & rounds #2??? Christ almighty we are thin at that position. As deep as this draft is, it wouldn't hurt us to draft two offensive tackles. Nicks might be available, or even a guard like John Grecko could still be around when we draft in the 2nd round. How do we pass him up?

I know you want a QB, but I think we'll wait till later to draft a guy like Woodsen, Henne, Brennen, etc. As for RB, there's no way in hell we draft a RB in round 1 after we took Cedric at #4 overall, and drafted Wolfe in the 3rd.

IMO in round #3 we'd take the top running-back available, (Hopefully Forte) and with our 2nd #3 we'd take a WR. I'm looking at the Sporting News Draft Guide, and they have 11 WR's marked as 3rd round talent. That means we'll have one helluva a lot to choose from.

With the rest of our picks we'd look at DT's, WR, and probably two safeties (The way we went through them last year we'll probably need them. )

Correction. I have mentioned that several times. I would LOVE a draft that went OL, OL as long as the guys weren't horrible reaches or Jerry Angelo hunches.

Correction. I have mentioned that several times. I would LOVE a draft that went OL, OL as long as the guys weren't horrible reaches or Jerry Angelo hunches.

I'm all for that also. I think we should move down in RD2 if we were to go RB. The only guys IMO I'd take #44 would be:

1-Brohm

2-Baker

3-Flacco

4-Henne?

Move down to 50-60 and take:

1-Henne

2-Chilo Rachel

3-Roy Schuening

4-Matt Forte

I've said from jump that 2 out of our first 3 picks should be o line. For me, if we get a couple of starters the guys who are on our team now will be much better.

I'd take Forte over both of Charles and Johnson. Forte's ability to be an all around back makes him a better fit, IMO.

That may very well be true, but I'm starting to wonder how we know that a speed back isn't a better fit in Chicago. The Bears have traditionally had your big, bruising RB or a shifty back. But I can't remember any Bears RB in recent memory with pure breakaway speed. Wolfe is quick, but not fast. THomas Jones and James Allen likewise. But I'm not sure I've EVER seen a RB in Chicago who can run a sub-4.4 40. If you can remember one, please let me know. That's ridiculous to me. If that's true, isn't it worth a try to get a guy in here with real breakaway speed and see what he can do. Unless a huge hole opens up, or a back makes a remarkable cutback, the Bears haven't had a RB who can just go through a hole and blow by people. I'm starting to think it's time to give it a try. We've drafted plenty of big-bruising, "all-around" backs (from Salaam to Enis to Thomas to Benson) and we still haven't found a dependable, franchise RB. I'm starting to think it's time to change the strategy and get a fast RB for once.