ESPN currently has video regarding bears draft

butkusrules

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Mort, jaws , Kiper and tirico talking about Bears.

I think Mort is talking out of A$$. Keep Berrian? for that money? He talks about it as though the only decisions on players are whether you have depth there.

I think he just didn't do his homework. And as far as spending cash, look you we have coming up in contract talks-Harris, Hester and who we have signed in the last year- Vasher, Tillman and Briggs. Starters anywhere.

Something I find funny about these videos.

Not sure I speak for everyone, but I'll bet I speak for the majority. It is sort of comical how superficial these in-depth team pieces are. I mean, pull up just about any website. Whether you are looking at team reports on CBS Sportline or team draft previews on ESPN, NFL.com or where ever, after finishing the piece, I walk away w/o having learned a thing.

Some years back, I would have killed to get team specific info like that. Remember, I live in Dallas. Today, w/ the internet and a board like this, I read/listen to these pieces, and the only thing I can say is, "duh". Hey, guess what. NFL.com thinks we might look at on OT in the draft. CBS thinks we might not be content w/ Benson. CNNSI says we could use a WR. Wow. These really tell us so much :rolleyes:

I seriously have to laugh. I think most any on this board could probably do a better job writing about the bears than what I get from most of these sites. These team specific reports are for the average fan who follows box scores more than details.

Exactly! I couldn't agree more!

Not sure I speak for everyone, but I'll bet I speak for the majority. It is sort of comical how superficial these in-depth team pieces are. I mean, pull up just about any website. Whether you are looking at team reports on CBS Sportline or team draft previews on ESPN, NFL.com or where ever, after finishing the piece, I walk away w/o having learned a thing.

Some years back, I would have killed to get team specific info like that. Remember, I live in Dallas. Today, w/ the internet and a board like this, I read/listen to these pieces, and the only thing I can say is, "duh". Hey, guess what. NFL.com thinks we might look at on OT in the draft. CBS thinks we might not be content w/ Benson. CNNSI says we could use a WR. Wow. These really tell us so much :rolleyes:

I seriously have to laugh. I think most any on this board could probably do a better job writing about the bears than what I get from most of these sites. These team specific reports are for the average fan who follows box scores more than details.

I agree. Most of the reading I ever do is news and maybe press confrences if the video isn't available. Most of which, I read off of posts on here. I get most of my opinions off what I see on the field.

That's the reason I read this board daily. There's no news, not even on NFL Network that I'm not already ahead of the game with the facts of the situation. Even if some network breaks news I'm headed here ASAP to get some real opinions of people that truly care about the Bears being successful.

That's the reason I read this board daily. There's no news, not even on NFL Network that I'm not already ahead of the game with the facts of the situation. Even if some network breaks news I'm headed here ASAP to get some real opinions of people that truly care about the Bears being successful.

There are two things I do like to find on those "major" sites.

One is now, during draft time. None of us can likely give great reviews of every player in the draft. Thus having in-depth scouting reports on players in the draft, particularly from the sites who employ NFL scouts, is a great tool. I put no stock though they sites talk about teams depth, team needs, or the like. I know that stuff well enough. I do though like the scouting reports.

Two is when, particularly former players, break down game tape on team plays. That can be truly informative. I love when they tell you what a play is called, and discuss the assignments of each player, and show tape to reflect how well a player meets those responsibilities.