Talib and Mario off draft boards

ostrogoth

Mario Manningham and Aqib Talib have reportedly been removed from "multiple teams'" draft boards due to alleged marijuana use in college.

Talib reportedly acknowledged at the Combine that he tested positive for pot three times at KU. Mario denied testing positive initially, then sent a letter to all 32 teams admitting he lied. Manningham claims he failed two drug tests at Michigan. Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, and Calvin Johnson were involved in a similar situation last year. Their draft stocks were not affected. Apr. 8 - 10:41 am et

Source: Pro Football Weekly

ESPN.com reports that a campaign is underway to oust NFLPA chief Gene Upshaw.

This is a story that will reverberate throughout the NFL. Upshaw has been seen to win the last round of labor talks, but has been criticized as being too close to the commissioner's office. Matt Stover of the Ravens emailed a plan to fellow player reps to oust Upshaw by 2009. "Matt Stover has no clue. Whoever is pulling his chain is doing a disservice to the union," Upshaw said. Troy Vincent would be a possible replacement. Apr. 8 - 12:56 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

Guest TerraTor
Mario Manningham and Aqib Talib have reportedly been removed from "multiple teams'" draft boards due to alleged marijuana use in college.

Talib reportedly acknowledged at the Combine that he tested positive for pot three times at KU. Mario denied testing positive initially, then sent a letter to all 32 teams admitting he lied. Manningham claims he failed two drug tests at Michigan. Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, and Calvin Johnson were involved in a similar situation last year. Their draft stocks were not affected. Apr. 8 - 10:41 am et

Source: Pro Football Weekly

ESPN.com reports that a campaign is underway to oust NFLPA chief Gene Upshaw.

This is a story that will reverberate throughout the NFL. Upshaw has been seen to win the last round of labor talks, but has been criticized as being too close to the commissioner's office. Matt Stover of the Ravens emailed a plan to fellow player reps to oust Upshaw by 2009. "Matt Stover has no clue. Whoever is pulling his chain is doing a disservice to the union," Upshaw said. Troy Vincent would be a possible replacement. Apr. 8 - 12:56 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

That kinda stuff is so queer, who cares.

You're right. Because a player's off-field activities (Pacman), and character (Chad Johnson), and complete dedication (Benson) have nothing to do with on-field production or how teammates relate to them.

I'm sorry if teams don't want players on their team BREAKING THE LAW. Smoking weed is harmless, eh... well, to get that weed, you are probably giving money to some drug dealer. Plus, weed is widely considered a starter drug. So what is stopping them from taking some blow next time they feel like getting high?

I have no problem with teams not wanting a player with possible drug problems, even if only weed... after all, they are getting tons of guaranteed money.

Take a look at Ricky Williams. He doesn't see a problem w/ smoking some wacky weed, but I think the team feels different due to his suspensions.

I have a bigger issue w/ Manningham who tried to lie about the issue, even though test results were out there. If you have a player that tried weed in college, but was up front about it and has shown he has moved past that, I can accept it. But if (a) a player lies about it or (B) has multiple failed tests showing he didn't learn his lesson, I have a much greater issue.