Conspicuous In Their Absense?

dawhizz

The Bears seem to be looking at or vistiting or working out just about every 2nd/3rd round RB there is: Jamaal Charles, Kevin Smith, Felix Jones, Matt Forte. But I haven't heard anything about them looking at either Ray Rice (though the Bears went to Rutgers pro day, all sources I have seen said they were looking at Jeremy Zuttah) or Chris Johnson. Are we really not interested in them, or is this more smokescreen fun? I'm thinkint particularly of 2001, when every report leading up the draft said the Bears were focusing on Lamont Jordan in the 2nd, then he's there for them to take, and they select A-Train.

Guest TerraTor
The Bears seem to be looking at or vistiting or working out just about every 2nd/3rd round RB there is: Jamaal Charles, Kevin Smith, Felix Jones, Matt Forte. But I haven't heard anything about them looking at either Ray Rice (though the Bears went to Rutgers pro day, all sources I have seen said they were looking at Jeremy Zuttah) or Chris Johnson. Are we really not interested in them, or is this more smokescreen fun? I'm thinkint particularly of 2001, when every report leading up the draft said the Bears were focusing on Lamont Jordan in the 2nd, then he's there for them to take, and they select A-Train.

Ray Rice wont be an NFL starter, so it wont surprise me when we draft him.

I suppose you never know...but I have a better feeling about Johnson being on the radar than Rice.

I don't think Rice is even on the Bears draft board. Not that this place is gospel, but DraftTek even takes Rice out of the running to be drafted by the Bears along with Hart from Michigan and a bunch of QB's: http://www.drafttek.com/Override2008.html