Press Conference Today

dawhizz

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear22.article

Expect the air to be thick with lies as Angelo talks about how his top three Bears needs are TE, DE, and CB and how intriguing a trade for Chad Johnson is. It will be interesting to hear to what degree he addresses the various contract issues that seem to be cropping up (Urlacher, Hester, etc).

Reports are that the Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, and Philadelphia Eagles have all made offers for Chad Johnson's services with the Redskins making a significant offer. The Redskins offer included the 21st overall pick in this years draft and a 3rd round pick in next years draft (which if Johnson hit certain performance clauses in the trade offer, the 3rd round pick would escalate to there 1st round pick).

The Bengals are continuing to say they will not trade Johnson and giving the out of conference offer that was proposed by the Skins, I'd start buying into the fact that while Johnson may consider himself on the market, the Bengals certainly don't and they seem willing to play some hardball (even if it means Chad sits out).

I personally would love to see them call his bluff and make him sit and pout.

It's not my team. ;)

Reports are that the Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, and Philadelphia Eagles have all made offers for Chad Johnson's services with the Redskins making a significant offer. The Redskins offer included the 21st overall pick in this years draft and a 3rd round pick in next years draft (which if Johnson hit certain performance clauses in the trade offer, the 3rd round pick would escalate to there 1st round pick).

The Bengals are continuing to say they will not trade Johnson and giving the out of conference offer that was proposed by the Skins, I'd start buying into the fact that while Johnson may consider himself on the market, the Bengals certainly don't and they seem willing to play some hardball (even if it means Chad sits out).

I was thinking Johnson would end up going for a 2nd rounder, so I was clearly off (and yes I would give up a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat to get Johnson on the Bears). In fact, I'd consider giving up a 2nd this year and a future 2nd as well. Johnson would make the WR core a strenght instead of a weakness (albiet, there is some potential in our WR core, but way too unproven too be considered anything but a weakness).

The key issue of course is the Bears have Hester/Harris/Urlacher situations to resolve (and they have the cap room to resolve all of these situations as well as the Gould one). It is just a matter of the risk involved relating to the Harris/Urlacher situations (ie, both have some injury questions) and than unique situation of Hester (he is incredibly talented, but he wants to be paid like a top WR and he's never proven a damn thing at such position).