Is anybody excited about Jeff Otah?

butkusrules

Would any pick other than Mendy (realistic picks) excite you?

Otah would excite me more than Mendenhall. Actually, if the Bears pick Mendenhall with the 14th pick, I'll be disgusted...and I'm sure I'll hear yet another year of calls from friends - who are fans of other teams - making fun of the Bears' first round selection again.

How is it funny? How great was that draft. Yup, we got Hester, but....

We did trade out of the 1st round, and according to Angelo, it was w/ DM in mind all along. How good did that workout?

Hester proved me wrong, w/o question.

Dusty - How has that worked out? Still have hope, sure. But heading into his 3rd season, how many quarters has he played?

Jamar Williams - Nice backup?

Anderson - Awesome pick, but last year took a step backward (I still blame coaching).

Runnells? Reed?

This could still improve, but is this draft really so great? Heading into this year, how many starters do we have out of this draft? Anderson lost his starting job, and I doubt Hester starts. Dusty might, but that would be one.

if you get a star and one starter out of a draft (which we did at minimum with hester and anderson) then it is a good draft...we also got manning who i think will suprise some people, and dusty who was a 1st round talent that fell because of the baggage...yeah he got injured but if he stays healthy hes gonna be good....this was a very good draft IMO...especially when you compare it to last years draft

if you get a star and one starter out of a draft (which we did at minimum with hester and anderson) then it is a good draft...we also got manning who i think will suprise some people, and dusty who was a 1st round talent that fell because of the baggage...yeah he got injured but if he stays healthy hes gonna be good....this was a very good draft IMO...especially when you compare it to last years draft

First off, compared to last years draft, most anything looks good.

Second, one star and one starter? I might normally agree, but our star is a special teams player and who is our starter? Looks like DM and Anderson lost their starting jobs. Dusty will be in a competition, but he yet to win the job. I suppose you want to count Anderson, but I don't think that is right. He was a rotation player as a rookie, started this past year, but lost the job due to weak play.

I am not saying the draft sucked, nor am I saying the final grade is set. Hester could still become a solid WR, which would put his draft grade status in Urlacher territory. Dusty, DM, Anderson? No telling the future for them. My point was, I feel this wasn't the best draft to use as an example to say early draft grades are so wrong. I still would not give this draft an A grade. I would give it a B, w/ a chance to drop or rise this year depending on how some players (particularly Hester at WR, Dusty and Anderson) play out.