Bears looking to move up!?

BearSox

The reality is this team has too many needs to be moving up in the draft. In fact, I honestly would have zero problem moving all the way down to 27 (as I still feel you can get a starting caliber LT at that point or at least an RT like Cher..whatever from BC). Moving all the way down to 27 should also give the Bears additional picks on the first day which means we can draft WR/RB/QB/LT/G/S (all practically in the first three rounds, which means you have a better shot at getting quality guys at all of those positions, although you may miss out on the so called star but there is no guarantee of getting a star at 14 anyway).

In fact, I have no idea what the value board is at, but if someone wanted to move up to 14 from the late 20's, I'd do it for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (or 1st, 2nd, and next years 2nd).

I too don't like the idea of moving up,but if we landed albert or clady then moved up for brohm I'd understand. Or even Mendenhall and Baker or Cher - (B.C.). I also agree with your needs list except for the one I put in bold. Wr I don't fee is a need THIS year cause look at who we have. Booker, Llyod, Bradley, Hester, Davis, and Hass. I would have agreed had we not signed davis and llyod, but I don't see us taking a wr until the 6th or 7th rd and nothing more than s/t potential or p.s. signee, cause we'd be crazy to bring in 7 wr. I believe lovies plan is for booker/llyod to fill in for moose's absence and for hester/bradley to fill berrian's spot and don't forget davis will be our likely slot man.

I'm predicting that the Steelers and Bears swap 1st rounders.

WHY? they're in the same market as us O- line. If we'd trade, we'd a.) be stupid to trade with someone who has the same need in the 1st rd as us and b.) move so far down that we'd settle for a second tier o-line with our first overall pick. Stay put and take bpa and go from there. Sometimes moving back only gets you more guys to play on s/t's which we have plenty of.

WHY? they're in the same market as us O- line. If we'd trade, we'd a.) be stupid to trade with someone who has the same need in the 1st rd as us and b.) move so far down that we'd settle for a second tier o-line with our first overall pick. Stay put and take bpa and go from there. Sometimes moving back only gets you more guys to play on s/t's which we have plenty of.

Because I quietly think the Bears believe they will still be able to get a solid tackle in the 2nd round and will instead move down and grab either Williams (who could very well be there at Steelers pick) or Felix Jones (I don't buy into this talk of Dallas taking Jones with there first 1st round pick). I think the Bears are real high on RB.

That said I have zero problem staying put and taking Otah or Williams or whomever the Bears think is the best olineman on the board at our pick.