Ive had enough of horse racing.

butkusrules

I've had enough of this " sport". It's inhumane to run these horses to death for the benefit of gambling. These horses are all hopped up on drugs, horse owners are recklessly over-breeding these horses and thousands are slaughtered senseless as a byproduct of this industry. This coming from someone who used to love the track. I event spent two summers working at Arlington in high school. But even back then I saw signs that this wasn't something I wanted to be a part of. The stables are run by people who treat the immigrant workers like garbage and those people in turn take it out on the horses. On top of that they drug these horses on a regular basis-morphine, ecstasy, coke... anything you name , i bet has been injected into a racehorse at one point or another . The industry has the regulatory standards of professional wrestling and trainers are the epitome of evil. Has anyone ever met Bob Baffert? If you ever meet someone and immediately got that bad dude feeling. He makes even shady horse people cringe at his treatment of horses. Even common lasik use bugs me. They use it because a horse runs so hard it bleeds out of its nose. How is that good? Last year at Arlington I think more then 20 horses had to be put down. Barbaro dies then suffers through that failed rehab. Then today with the derby running a horse dies. All of this for what? "entertainment"? No thanks. I am officially anti-track.

• 3 weeks later...
Last year at Arlington I think more then 20 horses had to be put down.

I'm pretty sure that this statement is HIGHLY inaccurate. I could care less about the racing to be quite honest, but there is no way 20 horses had to be put down at one race. There would have been Congressional involvement for a travesty like that.

I'm pretty sure that this statement is HIGHLY inaccurate. I could care less about the racing to be quite honest, but there is no way 20 horses had to be put down at one race. There would have been Congressional involvement for a travesty like that.

I don't think he ever said in one race, I think he meant in the whole year combined.

• 4 weeks later...

You have way more faith in our government then I do.

http://www.star-telegram.com/808/story/700851.html

As far as Arlington I haven't found final numbers yet but I did find this..

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Arlington.Par...e.2.329867.html

This was by July 4th, reporting 17 deaths halfway through racing season up here. I am 99% sure it well over twenty by the end of the second half of the season that year.