Interesting Note in this article

Connorbear

This is disturbing news. I had hoped Beekman would emerge as a decent LG, since Metcalf was a total bum last year. Angelo is going to get a QB or two or three killed this year if he doesn't bring in a Vet at that position.

Oh wait.....

They don't have a third QB who will be game ready in '08! :shakehead

This is disturbing news. I had hoped Beekman would emerge as a decent LG, since Metcalf was a total bum last year. Angelo is going to get a QB or two or three killed this year if he doesn't bring in a Vet at that position.

Oh wait.....

If i remember correctly, at one point in time, wasnt M Booker the emergency backup QB.

Oh wait.....

I'd rather have one of those rookies we have in there than some old hack like Griese. Sometimes not knowing what they can do is better than having somebody that just sucks.

If you think Griese was bad, you better not watch the games if one of our UDFAs has to take the field this year! :(

I am fairly positive you will not see one of the UDFAs this yr. Our luck cannot be that bad. ;)

Peace :dabears

If i remember correctly, at one point in time, wasnt M Booker the emergency backup QB.

LOL I'd nearly forgotten about that. Wasn't that back when Jim Miller, Shane Mathews, I forget who else were on the roster and they were both having injury issues. So Book was listed as the emergency QB.

I am fairly positive you will not see one of the UDFAs this yr. Our luck cannot be that bad. ;)

Add to that even if that were to happen they would have more excuse to suck than Greise. For all the excitment following the QB change last year from Grossman to Greise it was pretty depressing to watch him come in and play the way he did. The thing about bringing in a vet as a back up is that to do this there is a reason he's coming in as a backup. No high quality starter grade QB is going to come into Chicago or any other team to be the third string QB. What you end up with is usually a Vet that had potential or was good once and has either declined in quality, gotten old, been on nearly every team at some point, or is coming off injuries, or has simply not panned out anywhere. Any QB who is good enough to start is going to want to be in a position to do just that. I think it's a stretch to expect the Bears to grab a vet QB to be our 3rd string guy who can come off the bench and light it up out there and be a stud and be the savior of our offense.

We have to be realistic about this.

I will grant that the sucess and failure of our QBs were greatly tied to the bad OL and RB play last season. We couldn't run the ball and our line couldn't protect the QB either.

Oh ConnorBear, don't even bring up luck and the QB position for us. We know how that has worked out in the past. :dabears

Oh ConnorBear, don't even bring up luck and the QB position for us. We know how that has worked out in the past. :dabears

If we get to the 3rd string QB, our season is overr anyway (as it would be with most teams).

If you think Griese was bad, you better not watch the games if one of our UDFAs has to take the field this year! :(

Why, at least they would have an excuse to suck. At least I would have hope in the fact that they would get better. Hell, the righty probably has a better arm than Griese anyway.

name='BearsFan' date='Jun 1 2008, 10:05 AM' post='39762']

Oh wait.....

I'm still thinking they may bring Rueben Brown back. I'm a fan of Rueben's, as he is a consument pro. He's rumored to be healthy and has also been cleared to play. We can criticize his play last year, but he was playing with one arm. Before that he was our best OL.

Agreed on Brown. Prior to last year, he was our best OL and did not show signs of age. Last year, he stunk, but then it was reported he was playing w/ one arm. The sad thing was, the staff believed a one armed Brown was better than alternative options. Not that option (Metcalf) is set to start. That is sad.

I think we will wait until we get through some OTAs and practices to take a look at the young, and assuming none jump out, we could then take a look at Brown.

The other thing to consider w/ regard to Brown is Williams. Having a solid veteran like Brown at LG would help Williams are great deal IMHO. If Brown is healthy, I think he would be a great addition.