My take on Benson and out RB situation

nfoligno

Simply put, if Benson was a good guy otherwise, if he had built up mojo with the team, if he showed he could actually play this game consistently well... The Bears would've stood by him and at least have waited until they knew more. As it was, this dope was on a short leash already because of all of the other items mentioned.

I still think he has the talent to play in this league. I still think he was the right choice when drafted. That said, he's a bust and I understand why the team had to move on. I'm happy they at least addressed the position in the draft this year and hopeful Forte can be "the Man." Benson is a child.

Johnson was pulled over for speeding in Gilbert, Arizona. According to the police, he was stopped by after driving forty miles per hour in a twenty-five mile per hour zone. He was also suspected of driving while impaired "to the slightest degree", but was released without being booked or charged. The Bears waived Johnson a few days after hearing the news, as general manager Jerry Angelo stated that he had no room for error left. [27] The incident would prove to be the final straw in his already tense relationship with the Bears' organization. The Bears ultimately released Johnson on June 25, claiming he "compromised the credibility" of the team.[28] Almost a week after Johnson was waived, the results from a blood test conducted on Johnson when he was pulled over confirmed his blood alcohol content was under the legal limit.

:huh:

We're really arguing over semantics at this point I suppose. I think this is a case where we can both claim to be right. BTW - Wikipedia can be a good source for general knowledge stuff, but it's not written by professionals that worry about absolute accuracy - not that the media is either.................. ;)

Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a police spokesman, said Johnson was arrested for "DUI Impaired to the Slightest Degree" but was released without being booked or charged.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2916083