Good to see some class via Harris

Butkus

I would just like to note that Tommy Harris certainly seems to be a player that the Bears can be proud of, and one that us fans should get behind. Besides his obvious physical skills, his behaviour off the field is consistent with what one would would expect of a player making millions of dollars.

What a refreshing change from idiots who have children out of wedlock and get their private lives smeared all over town, leave their Lambo crashed on the side of the highway and initially claim it was stolen, and make profane and arrogant comments via the media about the Bears organization. I would rather lose than see punks like that play for the Bears. I am sick to death of these types of players taking their money for granted, and acting like they are deserving of some ultra special treatment. Guess what? Linebackers are easy to find! We would not hurt that much from losing any two of our three linebackers...I would bet on it! We might lose 10%, but it would be worth it to see the cavemen leave and go act like fools elsewhere.

Hurray for Tommy Harris and the character guys like him on the Bears! Let's all support the guys who have some character and decency!

I would just like to note that Tommy Harris certainly seems to be a player that the Bears can be proud of, and one that us fans should get behind. Besides his obvious physical skills, his behaviour off the field is consistent with what one would would expect of a player making millions of dollars.

What a refreshing change from idiots who have children out of wedlock and get their private lives smeared all over town, leave their Lambo crashed on the side of the highway and initially claim it was stolen, and make profane and arrogant comments via the media about the Bears organization. I would rather lose than see punks like that play for the Bears. I am sick to death of these types of players taking their money for granted, and acting like they are deserving of some ultra special treatment. Guess what? Linebackers are easy to find! We would not hurt that much from losing any two of our three linebackers...I would bet on it! We might lose 10%, but it would be worth it to see the cavemen leave and go act like fools elsewhere.

Hurray for Tommy Harris and the character guys like him on the Bears! Let's all support the guys who have some character and decency!

I would disagree.

1st off, I do agree that Tommie Harris is a classy guy, and possibly the "poster boy" of the Bears organization, if not the NFL.

I personally do not see what Briggs or Urlacher has done to deserve to be exiled.

And I definately disagree with your thinking that they could be easily replaced without much loss of effectiveness of our defense. The are vital links to our defense's success.

In an ideal world, I would like to see the entire league cut out the behaviour that I mentioned previously. Let's take Briggs as an example:

Last year, not happy being franchised tagged and makes various derogatory and profane references to the Bears organization.

Has been, and continues to be, involved in a very public paternity suit...I believe now with more than one woman?

Leaves a crashed Lambo at the side of the road, calls it in stolen initially, admits his crime later and gets a community sentence, which he is not completing as he is supposed to.

Now, all of that may not appear that bad to some, but as a Bears fan I don't pay my money and lend my support to the team for no-goods like that! The Bears have been great about getting rid of guys like that, and I understand why Briggsy hasn't quite done enough yet, but what I would like to see is the FANS demand that the players act with some dignity and character. They are representatives of the city and the team, so should be held to high standards. If they cannot do that, let them go to the land of the thugs in Cincinnati or LA.

I really doubt that losing Urlacher as he was average most of last year, and/or Briggs, would hurt that much. When Briggs was out, I didn't notice any decrease in performance at all. There are guys that have not had a chance that are waiting, I would be at least one of them would do well.

However, my point is not so much to cut Briggs and Urlacher, I know that is not going to happen. I just think we all should demand that players act like good citizens, and if they don't we should encourage the team to get rid of them. I won't miss Tank Johnson, and I certainly would not miss Lance Briggs!

I dont think you could afford to lose before - but your right about Briggs not being missed at times last year. Jamar Williams played well and I'd have been happy if the Bears had re-signed Berrian and let Briggs walk.

Harris has shown he is a classy guy, and I always thought that the Bears took into consideration "character" when drafting or signing guys. Obviously not always the case.