Anyone get through on Ticketmaster last Saturday?

bradjock

Myself & two other people were on seperate computers at noon last Saturday to try & get Bears tickets, with very little luck. I was just curious as to how damn hard it is to get through on these or if anyone had any luck?

The only luck was 50 minutes into two tickets for the home opener came up. After trying for so long, I got all excited and clicked "confirm" without looking & went to try & get more. Finally after an hour & a /2 I gave up, and looked to see what I'd bought . . . I about shit when I saw the total cost for two was $540.00. They're United Airline/Cadillac Club Seats which are apparantly bad seats with minor VIP privileges (which I really don't care about). I wasn't exactly thrilled to have to spend that much for 2 tickets that aren't close to the front row.

I was just curious if anybody else has had better luck trying to get through on Ticketmaster or if there's any trick to it (I'm going to try and get tickets for when we play the Rams in St. Louis).

By the time I got through they were all gone. I had two browser windows open on to the Minny home game and one to the Detroit home game. I've had no luck getting tickets. The frustrating thing is I kept getting those checks that you have to enter the words you see. Of course I get some of the most illegible lettering possible. What a waste of time to plan on being ready to buy tickets when they go on sale. Of course the brokers have no shortage of tickets. With a four ticket per person limit only to check eBay and you can find up for auction as many as 6 seats together... go figure. True fans tend to get screwed while brokers line their pockets. Why would anyone pay $120 per seat to sit in section 444 when you know that ticket's face value is practically half that. :lolhitting :bang :banghead

If you were to create an account on ticketmaster would that get you past the screen where you have to type the words in? IF it weren't for that I might have gotten lucky. Instead I'm weighing the pros and cons of overpaying for tickets.

what do you call a dozen brokers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.

By the time I got through they were all gone. I had two browser windows open on to the Minny home game and one to the Detroit home game. I've had no luck getting tickets. The frustrating thing is I kept getting those checks that you have to enter the words you see. Of course I get some of the most illegible lettering possible. What a waste of time to plan on being ready to buy tickets when they go on sale. Of course the brokers have no shortage of tickets. With a four ticket per person limit only to check eBay and you can find up for auction as many as 6 seats together... go figure. True fans tend to get screwed while brokers line their pockets. Why would anyone pay $120 per seat to sit in section 444 when you know that ticket's face value is practically half that. :lolhitting :bang :banghead

If you were to create an account on ticketmaster would that get you past the screen where you have to type the words in? IF it weren't for that I might have gotten lucky. Instead I'm weighing the pros and cons of overpaying for tickets.

what do you call a dozen brokers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.

I have an account with Ticketmaster, and I still had to type in those damn letters at least 200 times over the course of an hour.

What a bunch of BS. Last year I paid $380.00 for two $68.00 tickets, and that was pretty much the going rate. My options were to pay it or not go to a Bear's game. Terrible.

Thanks for letting me know that Im not the only one who feels screwed by Ticketmaster.

It's nothing new. I hate Ticketbastard and everyone associated with that company. I hate the brokers who have their hand in the cookie jar and have a secret handshake deal with them (not to mention the league). I hate the scalpers who somehow have a fistful of tickets at every game, standing on the street corner before the gates claiming to "need one".

It's the reason why average fans can't get a ticket without paying three times the cost. It's why I despise people who have three or four sets of tickets and rob other fans by selling three of their four sets for crazy markups.

The entire system is crooked.

I have an account with Ticketmaster, and I still had to type in those damn letters at least 200 times over the course of an hour.

That's just asinine, What's the point of having an account if when you go to buy tickets you're treated someone who doesn't. Though it does make me feel better about not taking the time to create an account before hand and deal with yet another source of spam. The way it should work is if they want to verify that you aren't a bot ordering tickets that to access the ticket area you have to do that whole type the words you see and from that point on you have the ability to order tickets and proceed with checkout. While I was clicking "try another image" looking for one I could read and and type in I know that precious seconds are ticking away and the tickets I want are being snatched up at an alarming rate. When I finally get through I get the screen that says you're out of luck try again. And every time you try looking for tickets you have to verify you're not a bot. You shouldn't have to have a small army of people all trying to get tickets just to have a fighting chance to score some tickets.

The last time I got tickets was in 2001 and I don't recall having to go through the "enter the word you see." I would venture a guess that the brokers don't even have to deal with those and I'd even go further to bet that they get early access to tickets and have a deal with Ticketmaster to allow them to get around the system. Like you If i plan on going this year I have to pay legalized scalpers, I mean brokers at least double face value for tickets. I may just stay home and watch on TV.

The reason they put those Captcha things in there, where you have to type the word, is because without them the automated system/program created by the bookie could simply overload the system and take nearly all the tickets. It's there to stop a slick computer programmer from beating the system.

Of course, I saw a report about one of these guys not too long ago. He made the system to get all the tickets, and was thwarted for a short period of time by the Captcha thing. So what did he do? He outsourced typists. He simply hired hundreds of people to type in the words as they showed up on the screen. So, it's not 100% automated, but it's about 99% automated, and they still end up getting the majority of the tickets.

It's all crooked.