NBC GAMES WILL STREAM LIVE

KiLoc69

NBC GAMES WILL STREAM LIVE

Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2008, 11:35 p.m.

For the first time ever, NFL games will stream over the Internet. And they’ll be available for viewing at the whopping cost of zero dollars, zero cents.

Wow.

According to Terry Lefton and John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal, whose story will be published on July 28, the 17 NBC games will be available for viewing at NFL.com and NBCSports.com.

The apparent plan is to use the televised broadcast, with ads sold specifically for the web sites inserted in place of the commercials.

Other NFL broadcast partners aren’t happy with the development, according to SBJ.

“The NFL is changing the rules as we go,” a network source told SBJ. “The right to stream games was not in any of the contracts we signed.”

NBC also might face friction from affiliates who’ll lose ratings points to folks who watch the game on the Internet instead.

Thanks Miami Bear. But doesn't NBC only boradcast the Sunday Night games? If that is so, I am able to watch them here on ESPN.

Anyway, I really appreciate you posting the heads up. You did that last season as well and it really helped out this fan living outside the U.S.!

Thanks Miami Bear. But doesn't NBC only boradcast the Sunday Night games? If that is so, I am able to watch them here on ESPN.

Anyway, I really appreciate you posting the heads up. You did that last season as well and it really helped out this fan living outside the U.S.!

No problem brother, I imagine it must be rough to miss most of the games. I'd go crazy if I even missed one! Anyway I think you're right about them only showng Sunday night games. I had NBC and CBS confused. Oh well, maybe next year the other networks will follow suit. In the meantime, don't forget about Sopcast and TVU, I was able to watch most of the preseason games using those programs last year. I have the Sunday ticket so I never tried Sopcast/TVU during the season so not sure if it works (but I think it does).