Favre reports to camp

BearFan2000

apparently Brett Favre will be reinstated tomorrow and is in camp and will compete for the starting job with Rodgers.

LOL Rodgers can't catch a break. Finally gets a chance to be the man and now he has to beat out a HOF QB. "hello bench and clipboard my old friends."

It's been amusing to watch this play out.

Not be a conspiracy theorist but what if the "open competition" could this be just a PR move and in their minds they want Rodgers to be the starter and win that competition. However, lets say that's the case, imagine the public perception here. Wouldn't the press and the fans alike see right through that? Could they realistically convince the fans and the media that Rodgers could beat out Favre in a fair and open competition.

Either way I don't really care and I find it amusing. Watching him screw with the Packers is great. If the Packers do infact have a slightly rigged "open competition" by starting Rodgers. They might get lynched. If they allow him to win it screws the plans thay had set in motion once Brett retired and he may be past the point in his career where he actually could lead them to a championship. It's put the Packers between a rock and a hard place, and I"m loving every minute of it. LOL

Talk about a distraction for the team, this is about as bad a mess as I have seen. Favre is the guilty guy, he has retired and unretired so many times I can not blame Thompson for giving up on the guy. If he really wanted to screw up his public image, he is doing an excellent job of it.

Talk about a distraction for the team, this is about as bad a mess as I have seen. Favre is the guilty guy, he has retired and unretired so many times I can not blame Thompson for giving up on the guy. If he really wanted to screw up his public image, he is doing an excellent job of it.

After last season, I sure as hell am not thrilled he's back. Last year I thought it'd be a huge distraction with the, "Maybe I'll play, maybe I won't" which went on forever. Then there was the distraction of him setting the record for most interceptions, and the distraction of "Is this is last year?" Then all he does is have one of the greatest seasons of his career. I look at it this way:

1. Favre WILL start on opening day. He's better then Aaron Rogers, period.

2. Favre doesn't need much training camp practice.

I'd much rather Green Bay spend the next 50 years searching for the next Brett Favre.