Bears Draft Picks List

Da Bears 88

Good to see they called Leon Joe- "Joe Leon". :banghead

I think it's safe to say that the worst 3 drafts in order are 2001-2003. 2004 was the best in recent memory, especially to get 3 key contributors to the 2006 team (Berrian, Tommie, Vasher), and even Leon was a good ST guy.

2003? Bad 1st, but Tillman and Briggs after that. Scott was a solid starting DT for us. Gage and Wade were far from great, but I would argue played well for 5th round value. Getting a couple pro bowl players, and numbers others who started for the team, well, I am not sure that draft can be written off as among the worst.

2003? Bad 1st, but Tillman and Briggs after that. Scott was a solid starting DT for us. Gage and Wade were far from great, but I would argue played well for 5th round value. Getting a couple pro bowl players, and numbers others who started for the team, well, I am not sure that draft can be written off as among the worst.

I meant the 3 worst drafts consecutively were 2001-2003. 2003 was a good draft, but 2001 and 2002 diminish it.

2005 and 2001 were disasters

Sure Cedric was a waste. But don't call it a bad draft when we got Mark Bradley in it. I really wish the Bears would put him at a solid #2 WR. Guy has looked great since the beginning of the 2006 season. Too bad injuries have plagued him since he came to the NFL.

Orton (QB drafted 4th Rd) can't expect much out of him for going that late in the draft. Can't compare it to 2001 though IMO. David Terrell was like the Ryan Leaf of the 2001 draft.

Sure Cedric was a waste. But don't call it a bad draft when we got Mark Bradley in it. I really wish the Bears would put him at a solid #2 WR. Guy has looked great since the beginning of the 2006 season. Too bad injuries have plagued him since he came to the NFL.

Orton (QB drafted 4th Rd) can't expect much out of him for going that late in the draft. Can't compare it to 2001 though IMO. David Terrell was like the Ryan Leaf of the 2001 draft.

Why not? What exactly has he done for us? Because he has looked good in TC and workouts, he gets excused? We shouldn't call it a waste because of Airese Curry then, because he looked good in practices, right?

Why not? What exactly has he done for us? Because he has looked good in TC and workouts, he gets excused? We shouldn't call it a waste because of Airese Curry then, because he looked good in practices, right?

They make him sit on the bench more than any other WR on the team. And for no reason. Give him a chance to actually get some plays in and watch him roll down the sidelines.

They make him sit on the bench more than any other WR on the team. And for no reason. Give him a chance to actually get some plays in and watch him roll down the sidelines.

Is this Mark Bradley you are talking about? He is not sitting on the bench because of coach's decision.Its because of doctor's decision due to numerous injuries.

Is this Mark Bradley you are talking about? He is not sitting on the bench because of coach's decision.Its because of doctor's decision due to numerous injuries.

There has been times when healthy the Bears did not utilize him that much.

I really feel that this guy has been unjustly crucified for his injuries. Obviously, this is not something he wants to have happen any more than us. If he had been able to stay healthy since drafted, he would have been in a position to get a contract similar to Berrian when his contract ends. I think when healthy, he is a better receiver than Berrian. I pray he is able to shake the "injury bug" this year along with Mike Brown. If Brown on D and Bradley on O can stay healthy, we will be a MUCH better team.

Since I have followed every one one of the drafts listed the one thing I noticed is that the Bears have have had some extreme bad luck drafting offensive tackles in the first round starting with Lionel Antoine who came out of SIU with the profile of being athletic enough to play TE well his knee injury limited his playing days. This trend continued with the likes of Dennis Lick,Ted Albrecht,Jim Covert,Stan Thomas,Marc Columbo and now Chris Williams.The only exception to this trend was Keith Van Horne who actually stayed with the Bears over ten years with just a few nagging injuries.

The other thing that I noticed is the bad luck that they have had with QBs they have drafted from Virgil Carter and Gary Huff(The Rex Grossman of his day) to the two present draft picks at QB now on the roster. Also they have failed miserably on the two times they have traded first round draft picks for QBs Mike Phipps and Rick Mirer.

In summary whether it was Ol' Man Halas,Jim Finks,Jerry Vanisi,Mikey and Wannie ,Mark Hatley or Jerry Angelo OT and QB have always been difficult positions for this team to evaluate.

There has been times when healthy the Bears did not utilize him that much.

I really feel that this guy has been unjustly crucified for his injuries. Obviously, this is not something he wants to have happen any more than us. If he had been able to stay healthy since drafted, he would have been in a position to get a contract similar to Berrian when his contract ends. I think when healthy, he is a better receiver than Berrian. I pray he is able to shake the "injury bug" this year along with Mike Brown. If Brown on D and Bradley on O can stay healthy, we will be a MUCH better team.

Yeah I agree Pix but this staff maybe punishing him for not playing through a couple of his nagging injuries.You also have to take stock in the fact that whoever was the QB would prefer to have certain WRs on the field.Mark Bradley got most of his playing time as a result of Rex Grossman campaigning for the coaches to put Bradley on the field.

Since I have followed every one one of the drafts listed the one thing I noticed is that the Bears have have had some extreme bad luck drafting offensive tackles in the first round starting with Lionel Antoine who came out of SIU with the profile of being athletic enough to play TE well his knee injury limited his playing days. This trend continued with the likes of Dennis Lick,Ted Albrecht,Jim Covert,Stan Thomas,Marc Columbo and now Chris Williams.The only exception to this trend was Keith Van Horne who actually stayed with the Bears over ten years with just a few nagging injuries.

The other thing that I noticed is the bad luck that they have had with QBs they have drafted from Virgil Carter and Gary Huff(The Rex Grossman of his day) to the two present draft picks at QB now on the roster. Also they have failed miserably on the two times they have traded first round draft picks for QBs Mike Phipps and Rick Mirer.

In summary whether it was Ol' Man Halas,Jim Finks,Jerry Vanisi,Mikey and Wannie ,Mark Hatley or Jerry Angelo OT and QB have always been difficult positions for this team to evaluate.

I left out Rufus Mayes who ranks right at the top of Bears' draft busts.