Riddle me this...

CrackerDog

In our league we get to keep three keepers from our prior year roster. The cost of the keeper is whatever you used to pick the player in the previous year's draft. I have to make these selections tomorrow morning. Here are my options:

Steven Jackson will cost me my first round pick. He's currently holding out.

Plaxico Burress will cost me my fourth round pick. He's currently got leg issues and isn't happy with his contract.

Ben Roethlisberger will cost me my 7th round pick. However, keeping him as my starter means I wouldn't even consider taking Manning, Romo or Brees who all look like they'll be available (not kept) in the random order draft process. QB is important in our league as the scoring favors them. Roeth was a stud for me last year but he still doesn't get much love. And if I'm sitting there in the tail end of the first round and Manning is staring me in the face and I've already committed to Roeth, I'll be pissed. Random order isn't set until after the keepers are announced.

Earnest Graham, Hines Ward, Marc Bulger and/or Greg Jennings will cost me a 16th/15th/14th round pick (all acquired last year via free agency) depending on how many of them I keep. Each can be kept for my last remaining pick in the draft.

I have other choices but they all make sense to release as their value is close to the pick value.

I'm leaning toward keeping Graham, Ward and Jennings. Not sure on Jennings as Favre is now a Jet. I suppose I could keep Bulger since his cost is so low and he may pan out as a nice backup QB. Or I could stick with Roeth and give up the idea of having a fancy QB on my team. He's worth every bit of a 7th round pick.

There are ten teams in the league and most owners know their shit.

Thoughts?

Earnest Graham, Hines Ward, Marc Bulger and/or Greg Jennings will cost me a 16th/15th/14th round pick (all acquired last year via free agency) depending on how many of them I keep. Each can be kept for my last remaining pick in the draft.

I have other choices but they all make sense to release as their value is close to the pick value.

I'm leaning toward keeping Graham, Ward and Jennings. Not sure on Jennings as Favre is now a Jet. I suppose I could keep Bulger since his cost is so low and he may pan out as a nice backup QB. Or I could stick with Roeth and give up the idea of having a fancy QB on my team. He's worth every bit of a 7th round pick.

Graham & Ward are absolute no-brainers. You'd be nuts not to keep those two for the cost.

Plax; Why not wait and see if he's there in the 4th round? If he is, I'd grab him. He's great for finding the end-zone, but he just wrote a book, and I could really see the Giants slipping this season after their miraculous 2007.

Jennings: IMO he sucks this year. He's had one good season. If you draft him I'd do it with the intention of trading him early.

Roethlisburger: Solid pick at #7. Yet Jennings is the better value pick.

Bulger: You'll be able to draft him very late, so why make him your keeper?

You're correct: Stick with Graham, Ward, and Jennings. When in doubt, "Bargain shop."

Went with my gut and kept Graham, Ward and Jennings. Turned out I got the 6th pick in the draft but since two guys ahead of me kept players that cost them their first picks, I actually have the 4th pick. LT will go to the first guy so there are only two picks aside from him ahead of me.

The top ten players available after that, according to my current board and based on our rules and VBD:

Brian Westbrook

Payton Manning

Marion Barber

Reggie Wayne

Tony Romo

Terrell Owens

Steven Jackson

Frank Gore

Drew Brees

Larry Johnson

Because of other keepers, I should get two of these guys. Not a bad start.