Madden 09

CubbiesFan07

Alright, who has 09 already. I want to get reviews before I go out and spend 50$ for it. I like 08 a LOT better than 07, but wanted to make sure the trend continues.

Also, what'd they end up ranking the Bears for this season? And Grossman's rating, I'm just interested in if they brought it way down from the 08 season.

I'm getting it tonight after work... I'll let you know in the morning. But it looks great from everything I've read and seen.

Alright, who has 09 already. I want to get reviews before I go out and spend 50$ for it. I like 08 a LOT better than 07, but wanted to make sure the trend continues.

Also, what'd they end up ranking the Bears for this season? And Grossman's rating, I'm just interested in if they brought it way down from the 08 season.

I don't have it, but you can find all of the players stats here.....

http://sports.ign.com/madden09/bears.html

It looks like Grossman is 79 overall with 66 Awareness 95 throwing power and 84 accuracy.

Where do you update rosters? I just bought the PS3...so I'm a bit new to this.

Is it automatic or ask you if you want to update once you put the game in?

I bought it at midnight and the game is awesome. (360)

My first Madden game in like 6 years.

Got my rosters updated online too. :)

I hear ya! But I figure having Favre on the cover will jinx him like they have all the other players...

I usually end up creating an all-time bears team when all hope is lost and play in a dream scenario!

I debated getting it this year because the Bears are terrible and it's the only team I use. Also Favre on the cover makes me sick. I'm a sucker for the game and got it anyway, it's great.

I bought it this morning. I think its pretty good but I just don't get whats up with the graphics. I think they've gotten a ton worse from last year. I'm talking about this years NCAA 09 and Madden 09. There is something about them that makes me say "FAKE". Idk, maybe you guys see it differently but the way the qb's throw the ball is the same ole same ole, and Brady and Manning look way way way too skinny and just don't look right at all. Based on first impression I'd give it about a 6/10. I'm disssapointed in the graphics but the gameplay I think has improved quite a bit. I think its easier now to pass the ball but it is still almost impossible to run the ball (If your facing it on a man's difficulty level ;)). I'll have some more thoughts about it coming up here shortly after I've finished a season.

Is the announcing some real announcers and NOT the radio station that was in Madden 08. That was probably the biggest downfall imo. A radio station that was doing play by play could not have been worse...

Madden spoke here and there in the 360 version, but just wanted to make sure there's no radio announcing in 09.

Yeah I wish they'd think outside the box and have some games on the Fox network with different guys announcing each game. Then on MNF they'd have it on ESPN with the crew. How hard can that be? If you want to go realistic then you create an environment that makes you feel like your watching it on TV with "Real" people announcing it, and not some nobody we've never heard of. I've only played maybe 5 games on the 360 but I'm already hearing repeats in the commentary.. Thats not good.

QUESTIONS!

I got it last night and overall I'm happy. But there are a few things that are bugging me at the moment...but maybe I've not sepnt evnough time going through everything yet... (I picked up the PS3 version...and am working in Franchise mode)

1. Can I not change the view to show both the LOS and the 1st down line?

2. I'm definitley having problems running the ball ( Ican only gain yard going fast outside w/ Wolfe), and returning kicks. Maybe I just need to adjust the sliders.

3. Is there a training camp section? Or is that the little training things bertween the pre-season games?

4. I'd like the info below the players to be just their name, not the action you're doing. (like Urlacher will go from "Urlacher" to "Hit Stick" if I use the hit stick...)

5. Are thee new downloadable rosters from EA or SOny to get all our guys (Like Hanie, Laroque,etc...)

Anyone noticed these or other odd issues?

Overall, I like the playability and am glad that darn cone passing BS is gone...

I'm having trouble running the ball too. The best I've done so far has been 60 yards in 16 carries with Adrian Peterson and he's the best in the game!!!! I have yet to get 100 yards with a running back and I'm beginning to get irritated because then you change into a one dimensional team that has to pass all the time and the ONLY time you run the ball is on 1st downs and 3rd and shorts.. It was hard to run the ball last year and even harder this year. They lightened up the passing game, I think its a ton easier now to pass on slants. I got 175 yards with Hester today.. My difficulty is set to my style and I still don't really get what that does. Is it suppose to exploit my weaknesses based on my skill level?

I did manage 66 yards by Wolfe in a pre-season game where he only played a half...but most of it came on a 45 yd TD run around the edge.

It usually takes me a good 1/2 aseason before I start getting it. I imagine this years' will be the same.

I haven't set the skill level yet... I'm trying it right out of the box without the new bell & whistle. I'm hoping to find the sliders I like... Then I'm thinking about going with the "my skill" thing, or whatever it's called. Not sure if it'll make a difference, but I'd like to see it do it's thing before "adjusting" to my game play. And in that regard, it seems like you'll only be as good as you are now. It'll just make it harder as you get better. You may not even notice a thing... Who knows!

I'm having trouble running the ball too. The best I've done so far has been 60 yards in 16 carries with Adrian Peterson and he's the best in the game!!!! I have yet to get 100 yards with a running back and I'm beginning to get irritated because then you change into a one dimensional team that has to pass all the time and the ONLY time you run the ball is on 1st downs and 3rd and shorts.. It was hard to run the ball last year and even harder this year. They lightened up the passing game, I think its a ton easier now to pass on slants. I got 175 yards with Hester today.. My difficulty is set to my style and I still don't really get what that does. Is it suppose to exploit my weaknesses based on my skill level?

Is the announcing some real announcers and NOT the radio station that was in Madden 08. That was probably the biggest downfall imo. A radio station that was doing play by play could not have been worse...

Madden spoke here and there in the 360 version, but just wanted to make sure there's no radio announcing in 09.

No its not the radio, its Collinsworth and some other guy.

QUESTIONS!

I got it last night and overall I'm happy. But there are a few things that are bugging me at the moment...but maybe I've not sepnt evnough time going through everything yet... (I picked up the PS3 version...and am working in Franchise mode)

1. Can I not change the view to show both the LOS and the 1st down line?

2. I'm definitley having problems running the ball ( Ican only gain yard going fast outside w/ Wolfe), and returning kicks. Maybe I just need to adjust the sliders.

3. Is there a training camp section? Or is that the little training things bertween the pre-season games?

4. I'd like the info below the players to be just their name, not the action you're doing. (like Urlacher will go from "Urlacher" to "Hit Stick" if I use the hit stick...)

5. Are thee new downloadable rosters from EA or SOny to get all our guys (Like Hanie, Laroque,etc...)

Anyone noticed these or other odd issues?

Overall, I like the playability and am glad that darn cone passing BS is gone...

Hanie still isnt on the roster even after the update.