john Beck?

nfoligno

Makes sense. Still, we'll need a few QB's this year if the line blows chunks. May need someone with some mobility. Maybe Hester can play QB?

Is Kordell Stewart still playing. We can bring him back to run around the pocket.

Actually, maybe that is why we brought Booker back.

PFT reported today that Miami was getting ready to cut him, but then that they might be trying to trade him.

Like most of you, I don't know a damn thing about Beck, but I see "2nd round draft pick . . . " that sounds one helluva a lot better then "undrafted free agent who looks good versus bad defense."

I honestly can't see Miami just dumping him this quickly. That's horrible PR when you jettison a 2nd round pick in year two. IMO it's much easier for them to dump McCown.

That being said, I think we'd have to trade for him. Not knowing a damn thing about him, I'd be happy as hell to get him for a 5th rounder (especially since we should be getting one for Griese.) But they are probably asking for at least a 4th.

Either way, it seems like this is Rex's last year, which means we'll be continuing that elusive "franchise QB search." It's better to start it sooner then later.

PFT reported today that Miami was getting ready to cut him, but then that they might be trying to trade him.

Like most of you, I don't know a damn thing about Beck, but I see "2nd round draft pick . . . " that sounds one helluva a lot better then "undrafted free agent who looks good versus bad defense."

I honestly can't see Miami just dumping him this quickly. That's horrible PR when you jettison a 2nd round pick in year two. IMO it's much easier for them to dump McCown.

That being said, I think we'd have to trade for him. Not knowing a damn thing about him, I'd be happy as hell to get him for a 5th rounder (especially since we should be getting one for Griese.) But they are probably asking for at least a 4th.

Either way, it seems like this is Rex's last year, which means we'll be continuing that elusive "franchise QB search." It's better to start it sooner then later.

The PR from cutting Beck would not be bad because Parcells is considered a football god by many people and if he says it's a good idea to let Beck go now, most people will believe him. Parcells wasn't here last year so there will be no blowback for previous regimes' bad draft picks.