Idonije's Value

lemonej

What has been over-looked as part of Idonije's value to this team has been his knack for blocking kicks which has become a lost art in the NFL.Since his arrival as an undrafted free agent he has worked his way into being a key contributor on defense and special teams.On a lot of Hester's runs you can see Idonije's number throwing a key block.I would put Idonije's value on special teams right behind Hester,Gould,Maynard,Mannely and AP. This along with his ability to swing between tackle and end may make a couple of guys expendable.

What has been over-looked as part of Idonije's value to this team has been his knack for blocking kicks which has become a lost art in the NFL.Since his arrival as an undrafted free agent he has worked his way into being a key contributor on defense and special teams.On a lot of Hester's runs you can see Idonije's number throwing a key block.I would put Idonije's value on special teams right behind Hester,Gould,Maynard,Mannely and AP. This along with his ability to swing between tackle and end may make a couple of guys expendable.

Good points, and I certainly agree, but you do know that he is no longer on return teams, right? Now that his role on the DL has increased, his role in STs has decreased. I still think he participates on STs when it comes to blocking field goals. He has had a great preseason showing excellent skills as a DT. I understand in the next game they are going to give him some snaps at DE as well.