Keep an eye open for an email......

Pixote

I should have the new picksheet for week 1 up soon. Normally this would not be until Tuesday but with a game on Thursday and being the first week of the season (no game tonight to hold up the lines from Vegas) I should have it up and going today.

A few things to remember:

The only contest of the 3 I am running against the spread is the weekly/season selections. The Survivor Pool and the Margin Pool are both with NO POINT SPREAD.

In the Margin Pool and the Survivor Pool it is VERY IMPORTANT not to use the same team more than once as your selection in each of the pools. If you choose Chicago as your margin pool selection this week, you can not select them again in the margin pool for the remainder of the year. If you select New England in the Survivor Pool this week, you can not select them again in the Survivor Pool again this year.

When you submit your selections you must submit a COMPLETE PICKSHEET! You can change your selections for games that have not started up until 1 hour before the kickoff of the first game played on Sunday of that week. However, every time you submit changes, again, you must submit a COMPLETE PICKSHEET (including Survivor & Margin picks if you are entered in those pools)!

When there is a Thursday Game you need to submit a complete picksheet before 1 hour of the 1st Thursday game kickoff . (Same rules for a Saturday Game played). Later in the week, if you choose to do so, you can submit a 2nd picksheet with changes for the remainder of the games to be played. They will need to be submitted prior to 1 hour before kickoff of the first game on Sunday. After this deadline no more picksheet changes will be allowed.

If you miss an early deadline for a Thursday game, you will still be able to submit a COMPLETE picksheet in order to select the remaining games, obviously the game already played will not register in the program I use for the contest once the score for that game and results have been entered. Please do not wait until the last minute and miss the deadline!

Your selections will not show up immediately on the contest page for 2 reasons. Every time you send in a picksheet I have to manually import that picksheet into a program on my PC at home and then upload the resulting pages to the Internet for them to show up. I will not show the players picks until the final deadline which is usually 1 hour before the start of the first game on Sunday. This is to prevent others from copying your selections.

The Rules page is in the drop down on the Home page of the contest site!

picks sent

Good luck with the contests this year. If I remember correctly you were doing pretty good until the owners of the site for Bearstalk wiped out the server the contest was loaded onto last year, causing the contest to be aborted. Kinda of sucks the way we were treated by them all because they wanted to force us to move to their preferred "new" site. I can not prove it, but I am sure that is what happened. We will not have that problem this year!