This is why Hanie was....

Connorbear

left on the 53 man roster.

Cowboys | Team meets with Bollinger

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:27:22 -0700

Updating a previous report, Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys met with free-agent QB Brooks Bollinger (Vikings) Tuesday, Sept. 2. The Cowboys may sign Bollinger after Week 1.

He would have never made it to the practice squad. Dallas was the other team that tried to sign him as a FA after the draft. He is from Texas. They would have snagged him in a heartbeat.

Peace :dabears

Yep , Jones was salivating. If they would have done it it would have haunted us for the next 10 years.

Hey, I like the kid too, but seriously? Dallas has a young, upper tier QB in Romo, who they just signed long term. If Dallas signed Hanie, his likelihood to start goes way down, and thus the liklihood of his haunting us for years.

Guest TerraTor
There is a solution on this site. And all you'll see after you flip the switch is...

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: TerraTor.

Best thing since sliced bread.

Cracker if i want comeback from you ill wipe it off your chin

Hey, I like the kid too, but seriously? Dallas has a young, upper tier QB in Romo, who they just signed long term. If Dallas signed Hanie, his likelihood to start goes way down, and thus the liklihood of his haunting us for years.

personaly NFO I dont see Romo as elite or upper tier, Maybe in the GF department, But not football.

personaly NFO I dont see Romo as elite or upper tier, Maybe in the GF department, But not football.

Look, I am not Cowboy fan, but at the same time, the kid was lights out last year. He was probably the #2 QB in the game last year (behind Brady). I am NOT saying he is truly the #2 QB in the game, but just take a look at the numbers he put up last year. When you look at his TDs/yards/Comp %/ QB rating, etc., he put it all together last year, and following up a great 1/2 season the year prior.

Maybe he has not "solidified" his spot among the elite, but I would say he is right up there.

Seriously, who do you rank ahead of him? Brady & Manning, obvious. But after those two, I think the arguments can commence.

If you want to only consider Manning and Brady as elite, and exclude Romo as not having enough time proven, fine. But to say he is not even in the upper tier? Pro Bowl the only two years he has played, and numbers that actually put him in the Manning/Brady department. Since Romo has been a starter, who (other than Brady/Manning) has been better?

I think it's clear that a team like Dallas would have been willing to put Hanie on their roster as a #3 QB and that's all us Haniacs wanted for the Bears to do. Why folks keep assuming this means we believe he's the next Tom Brady is beyond me. I believe he's shown enough (comparable numbers to Joe Flacco by the way) to Keep him around and let him learn on the sidelines. Then let's see if he improves again next year. And no, that does NOT mean he becomes a starter next year, it just means let's see if he improves.

We all know that Rex is gone after this year and there will be another QB in camp next year who will have the potential (hype) or even the experience of being a starter in the league. In that situation guess what, Hanie is still likely your #3 QB and Orton or the new guy are 1/2. Certainly there will be a 4th QB in camp next year to compete for that third roster spot.

Look, I am not Cowboy fan, but at the same time, the kid was lights out last year. He was probably the #2 QB in the game last year (behind Brady). I am NOT saying he is truly the #2 QB in the game, but just take a look at the numbers he put up last year. When you look at his TDs/yards/Comp %/ QB rating, etc., he put it all together last year, and following up a great 1/2 season the year prior.

Maybe he has not "solidified" his spot among the elite, but I would say he is right up there.

Seriously, who do you rank ahead of him? Brady & Manning, obvious. But after those two, I think the arguments can commence.

If you want to only consider Manning and Brady as elite, and exclude Romo as not having enough time proven, fine. But to say he is not even in the upper tier? Pro Bowl the only two years he has played, and numbers that actually put him in the Manning/Brady department. Since Romo has been a starter, who (other than Brady/Manning) has been better?

Well lets see where do i start NFO. First off the up there comment. 1 Season does not make a QB great. I would put Farve and Eli ahead of Romo . Eli had great numbers and could win the big one plus made MVP of the SB, does that make him elite? If Romo wins ths SB then maybe Ill change my tune, But until then he seems to be the only thing really holding that team back.

Well lets see where do i start NFO. First off the up there comment. 1 Season does not make a QB great. I would put Farve and Eli ahead of Romo . Eli had great numbers and could win the big one plus made MVP of the SB, does that make him elite? If Romo wins ths SB then maybe Ill change my tune, But until then he seems to be the only thing really holding that team back.

So a QB is not upper tier unless he wins a SB? Payton Manning was not an upper tier QB until he bounced us out of the SB? Oh. And how many SBs did Marino win?

He has 1 1/2 seasons of looking great. Now, if we were talking 1 or 1 1/2 out of a 5 year career or something, that would be one thing, but he has lit it up pretty much since getting the starting nod about a year and a half ago. He has made the pro bowl the only two years he has started. Is there room to further grow. Obviously. But to say he is not even in the upper tier? You listed two QBs you would put ahead of Romo, plus the two obvious ones, but would that not still make him top 5? That seems pretty "upper tier" to me, especially when we also categorized an higher "elite" category.

I agree he needs a greater body of work to be "proven". I agree he still has room to grow, particularly in the post-season. But I disagree w/ the idea he isn't an upper tier QB right now, today.