Injury Report

ChileBear

The Sun Times lists the injury report:

Injury report

By Brad Biggson September 3, 2008 4:18 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

The first injury report of the season has been released.

We'll try to update them daily on here as they are released, typically around 3 p.m.

A look at the Bears:

Wednesday, Sept. 3

DT Tommie Harris, left knee. Harris participated partially in practice and is expected to be able to start Sunday.

DE Mark Anderson, right thumb. Anderson participated partially in practice and is expected to play Sunday.

FS Mike Brown, knee. Brown participated fully in practice and is expected to start Sunday.

LS Pat Mannelly, neck. Mannelly participated fully in practice and is expected to play Sunday.

G Terrence Metcalf, right knee. Metcalf participated fully in practice for the first time since undergoing arthroscopic surgery more than a month ago.

DB Brandon McGowan, knee. McGowan participated fully in practice and is expected to play Sunday.

DT Dusty Dvoracek, right calf. Dvoracek participated fully in practice and is expected to play Sunday.

TE Desmond Clark, right knee. Clark participated fully in practice and is expected to start Sunday.

So they all are expected to be rady to go on Sunday. We are gonna need all those guys to have a shot this season.

Wow, seems like a lot of guys banged up for having a "big giant pussy" of a coach in Lovie Smith. Maybe the internet football experts here are wrong again. Perhaps... maybe, just maybe... the Bears are a little more aggressive in camp than some have kindheartedly suggested here.

More importantly, Lovie seems to understand that you don't win games by getting your guys so banged up they can't be on the field on opening day. Even though there are a lot of ouchies, none of them are serious enough to keep anyone off the field.

What agressiveness in camp do you refer to? Were there super secret practices that the media and crowds weren't privvy to that had guys tackling without pads and using knives and maces?

Unless there were some serious CIA operatives working at Hallas hall, I think most every reporter out there confirmed the country club camp... Unless you think those reporters are on the payroll putting up more smokescreens to confuse our opponents! :P

Wow, seems like a lot of guys banged up for having a "big giant pussy" of a coach in Lovie Smith. Maybe the internet football experts here are wrong again. Perhaps... maybe, just maybe... the Bears are a little more aggressive in camp than some have kindheartedly suggested here.

More importantly, Lovie seems to understand that you don't win games by getting your guys so banged up they can't be on the field on opening day. Even though there are a lot of ouchies, none of them are serious enough to keep anyone off the field.

What agressiveness in camp do you refer to? Were there super secret practices that the media and crowds weren't privvy to that had guys tackling without pads and using knives and maces?

Unless there were some serious CIA operatives working at Hallas hall, I think most every reporter out there confirmed the country club camp... Unless you think those reporters are on the payroll putting up more smokescreens to confuse our opponents! :P

All I'm saying is you don't get as banged up as we are laying around in lawn chairs.

Guest TerraTor
"All I'm saying is you don't get as banged up as we are laying around in lawn chairs."

They didn't possibly get banged up in those preseason games they played. :unsure:

probably, we know they at least got ran over

All I'm saying is you don't get as banged up as we are laying around in lawn chairs.

Bradley can easily get banged up laying around on a lawn chair.

Besides Metcalf, who in that group was injured during practice? Several have been limited due to prior injuries, and a couple more were injured in games.

I understand the point you want to make, but I simply don't see how this list of injured players gets you there. Seems like you are taking some spin lessens from our countries politicians these days.

Just maybe the Bears really have a secret training camp ritual like in the movie "fight club"? You know; they want the rest of the teams in the league to think they are soft and complacent but that country club camp is only a facade!

First rule of TC is we don't talk about tackling in TC. Second rule of TC is we don't tackle in preseason games.

The third rule, Lovies alter ego "Tyler Green" played by Brian Urlacher portrays for the media a man upset about the "D's" performance to smokescreen the secret brutal under ground tackling club which has the "D" slightly banged up but toughened and hungry for revenge on the Colts and the rest of their 2008 opponents!

This theory could really explain why the Bears finally got rid of Benson after handing him the Starting job. Just Despite not performing and beyond the fact that the former number 1 pick Benson just flat out sucked but rather that he broke rule number one and let the cat out of the bag on "TC". Look at the mug shot of CB that TerraTor uses as a signature. Absolutely hideous and the boating incedent has to be a cover up!

I first started suspecting something was going on but just could not see any corelations but then I discovered a pattern of freak and unexplicable injuries emerge over the past few season. First there was the Kruetz / Miller mishap that left starting RT Fred Miller with a busted jaw. Then there was the alarming rash of rookies to somehow end up on the IR during TC prior to the start of the regular season. Some in the most recent years include Dusty, Bauzine, Okwo, and now quite possibly our first round pick Williams?

I just hope going through all this pays off and we are about to find out!

Pure comedy! :D

Just maybe the Bears really have a secret training camp ritual like in the movie "fight club"? You know; they want the rest of the teams in the league to think they are soft and complacent but that country club camp is only a facade!

First rule of TC is we don't talk about tackling in TC. Second rule of TC is we don't tackle in preseason games.

The third rule, Lovies alter ego "Tyler Green" played by Brian Urlacher portrays for the media a man upset about the "D's" performance to smokescreen the secret brutal under ground tackling club which has the "D" slightly banged up but toughened and hungry for revenge on the Colts and the rest of their 2008 opponents!

This theory could really explain why the Bears finally got rid of Benson after handing him the Starting job. Just Despite not performing and beyond the fact that the former number 1 pick Benson just flat out sucked but rather that he broke rule number one and let the cat out of the bag on "TC". Look at the mug shot of CB that TerraTor uses as a signature. Absolutely hideous and the boating incedent has to be a cover up!

I first started suspecting something was going on but just could not see any corelations but then I discovered a pattern of freak and unexplicable injuries emerge over the past few season. First there was the Kruetz / Miller mishap that left starting RT Fred Miller with a busted jaw. Then there was the alarming rash of rookies to somehow end up on the IR during TC prior to the start of the regular season. Some in the most recent years include Dusty, Bauzine, Okwo, and now quite possibly our first round pick Williams?

I just hope going through all this pays off and we are about to find out!