A couple of observations

GrizzlyBear

1. Bears won cuz Manning was rusty

Bogus.. Bears scored 22 Point on one the best D's in the NFL, Manning had nuttin to do with that.

2.Orton is nothing but a game manger, he did nothing special.

Bogus.. Orton looked more like Manning then Manning looked like Manning. He checked defensive alignments and called plays based on thos reads. Plus if your running game rushed for almost 200 yards why change to the pass? He did exactly what was needed to win that game.

3.Hester needs a boot up his ass for that stupid endzone fake

Maybe..But if it turned into 6, we all would be hailing him and only one away from Mitchells record.

I think everyone forgets that D of Indy was complete. Scoring 22 on that team is saying someting. I like what I saw. Wish the Superbowl woulda been like that.

Bogus.. Bears scored 22 Point on one the best D's in the NFL, Manning had nuttin to do with that.

Bogus.. Orton looked more like Manning then Manning looked like Manning. He checked defensive alignments and called plays based on thos reads. Plus if your running game rushed for almost 200 yards why change to the pass? He did exactly what was needed to win that game.

Maybe..But if it turned into 6, we all would be hailing him and only one away from Mitchells record.

I think everyone forgets that D of Indy was complete. Scoring 22 on that team is saying someting. I like what I saw. Wish the Superbowl woulda been like that.

Playing Devil's advocate, Indy has an undersized defense that has been horrible against the run for the past few years. They were last in the league rush defense during the regular season the year we played them in the Superbowl, and 15th last year iirc. Forte had some HUGE holes being opened up for him. Will our line be able to get that kind of push against the bigger D's in the league? Only time will tell.

As far as your comment on Orton looking more like Manning, lets settle down. Manning's "bad" game still yielded 257 passing yards, 1 TD, 0 Ints. That's without the luxury of a running game and a makeshift O-line playing against the Bears' famous D.

I'm excited and optimistic too, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.

So your saying what? We won cuz thier offense dint play that well? Or Because the Colts D really sucks and they were not favored to win? I dont understand.

I'm saying I don't agree with your assessment of Orton as he relates to Manning and that you are overhyping the Colt's defense. Their defense is undersized and greatly benefits from their offense taking quick leads and opponents having to become one dimensional. It's misleading, kind of how the Bears had the #1 scoring offense the year we went to the Superbowl. We all know that was contingent upon the defense and special teams getting us ridiculously short fields. No one would have said the Bears had one of the league's best offenses that year.

As far as WHY I think we won? Our defense was outstanding as far as rushing and points allowed and our rushing offense was great. Those were the two main factors in us pulling off the upset. I believe our defense can repeat this type of performance most of the year, based on recent history, but can our offense? I don't think any of us have the answer to that yet.

As far as WHY I think we won? Our defense was outstanding as far as rushing and points allowed and our rushing offense was great. Those were the two main factors in us pulling off the upset. I believe our defense can repeat this type of performance most of the year, based on recent history, but can our offense? I don't think any of us have the answer to that yet.

This was the gameplan we were all calling for in the Superbowl. Instead we got pass happy and gave up too many yards rushing.

Last night we won against an elite AFC team on the road in their brand new stadium where they had everything going for them. I don't want to hear any BS about how they had to make do with 3 backup Oline when we were making due with our backup LT and backup LG. Do you think there's a Colts fan out there who can name our starting WR? Hell half the Bears fans I know still don't know who our starting WR are. How about a rookie RB? We also had essentially a rookie safety in Payne out there on D and still we gave up only 13pts to Manning.

Find excuses wherever you want but we still went into their house and beat them at their own game.

I totally agree - but it helped our Def that Manning was slightly off cause this game felt closer than it appeared and fortunatley we did not shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb T/O's

Again glad we were able to get the run game going cause after Forte's 50yd td run Indy's pressure on Orton seemed to lessen a little and what a better way to help an OL gel than establishing a good running attack.

I agree that Hester deserves a pass on this especially since he was the Offense the past 2 years -- think of it as giving Bonds (in his steroid era prime) the green light on a 3-0 count -- chance are he is going deep!

I still believe that had it not been raining during the SB the Bears would have been champs! The sloppy conditions that both teams had to play in really impacted the Bears especially but that was then and this is now -- fresh start.