Bears @ Panthers gamethread

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, most people still think the Bears are a playoff team. We were almost a playoff team last year, and things look far better for us this year.

I don't think any expert pegged the Bears as a playoff team entering the season. Maybe after the Colts win, but I'm definitely surprised they are 1-1 to start the season. Its what I keep telling myself considering I had zero expectations. They still have some major flaws. I really hope Orton can adjust and hit the intermediate route but he's never shown that ability in the NFL.

wondering why we didnt use manning instead of vasher. oh well.. could have finished better. them are the breaks-

Welcome aboard :cheers

Vasher was a tremendous punt returner prior to the Bears drafting Hester. He also had a pretty darn nice return to put the Bears in a great spot to tie the game. Unfortunately the offense didnt do its job.

Stats predictions:

Orton 15-26, 2 TDs, 1 INT.

Forte 23 carries, 97 yards, 1 receiving TD.

Jones 9 carries, 38 yards

Hester 1 punt return TD, 1 receiving TD.

Harrison, Anderson, and M. Brown with 1 sack each, and Tommie with 2.

M. Brown with an INT, too.

Didn't he finish with 23/96?

Hail KingBrian. :notworthy :headbang

Jerry Angelo was a moron for letting Chris Harris go away. Kevin Payne is terrible. The two positives coming outta this game are Forte (Who really had over 100 yards in my book) and Mike Brown coming out of the game healthy.

1. I agree.

2. Kevin Payne is not terrible. He looked pretty good out there today.

3. Forte did have 100 yards total, so yeah, it's not just in your book.

4. I agree.

Didn't he finish with 23/96?

Hail KingBrian. :notworthy :headbang

1. I agree.

2. Kevin Payne is not terrible. He looked pretty good out there today.

3. Forte did have 100 yards total, so yeah, it's not just in your book.

4. I agree.

K Payne looked slow, unathletic, and missed some big tackles today. How did he look good? What did he do?

What does Lovie have to do with this?

He didn't do anything wrong. Blame Turner for his usual pathetic playcalling.

Lovie approves of the play in the end.

How was Turner's playcalling bad today?

K Payne looked slow, unathletic, and missed some big tackles today. How did he look good? What did he do?

6 tackles, 5 of which were solo.

Lovie approves of the play in the end.

How was Turner's playcalling bad today?

6 tackles, 5 of which were solo.

Thank You.

Except for Turner. He called a great game for the 1st quarter and a half. After that he was pathetic. Of course Olsen's fumble changed what we wanted to do but how many times will it take him to figure out that the WR screen's don't work with our personnel, and stretch run plays rarely ever work!

Thank You.

Except for Turner. He called a great game for the 1st quarter and a half. After that he was pathetic. Of course Olsen's fumble changed what we wanted to do but how many times will it take him to figure out that the WR screen's don't work with our personnel, and stretch run plays rarely ever work!

First off, the only stretch run play we ran was a 20 yard run for Forte only for that moron Jason McKie to get it called back due to a holding.

Secondly, that WR screen at the end that was almost picked was the play Orton called, not Turner.

First off, the only stretch run play we ran was a 20 yard run for Forte only for that moron Jason McKie to get it called back due to a holding.

Secondly, that WR screen at the end that was almost picked was the play Orton called, not Turner.

He called atleast 4 WR screens (Or zero yard routes) today and none of them resulted in a gain of more than 6 yards. We don't have any Santana Mosses or Steve Smith's on our team. Hester is the only receiver that should get screens called for him because he's fast and agile enough to maneuver through it. I'd like to see Forte more out of the passing game and line up the same time as Kevin Jones. Atleast make the offense creative. I liked the WR end around that resulted in a 17 yard gain by Rashied Davis but that was just about all the creativeness the old man had up his sleeve. He's so predictable.

He called atleast 4 WR screens (Or zero yard routes) today and none of them resulted in a gain of more than 6 yards. We don't have any Santana Mosses or Steve Smith's on our team. Hester is the only receiver that should get screens called for him because he's fast and agile enough to maneuver through it. I'd like to see Forte more out of the passing game and line up the same time as Kevin Jones. Atleast make the offense creative. I liked the WR end around that resulted in a 17 yard gain by Rashied Davis but that was just about all the creativeness the old man had up his sleeve. He's so predictable.

He's so predictable?

The 40 yard pass down the seam to Booker was predictable?

A couple of those slants to Lloyd were predictable?