Thoughts on Beekman...

Mongo3451

Watching the game last Sunday, I was pleasantly surprised with the play of Josh Beekman. I never saw him pancake anyone, but his performance was solid. The main things I noticed were his quick feet and vision.(particularly when pulling) He's not the road grader type I like, but I think he's going to be a long term player for us. If you asked me about him three weeks ago, I woulld have been indifferent.

Watching the game last Sunday, I was pleasantly surprised with the play of Josh Beekman. I never saw him pancake anyone, but his performance was solid. The main things I noticed were his quick feet and vision.(particularly when pulling) He's not the road grader type I like, but I think he's going to be a long term player for us. If you asked me about him three weeks ago, I woulld have been indifferent.

I remember writing about him 6 months ago or so saying he should be a big contibuter this year. The reaction I got was about 70-30 betting against. Some whispers about why he didn't see much or any of the field last year was because Rusty Jones noticed his body (muscles and bones) wasn't caught up yet to his size. Rusty thought giving him a year under his supervision, he can get him ready for the NFL.

One reason why I put my blog out on this was b/c I seen him filling a Guard position, thus putting the need for G a little lower on my draft wish list. The Guard I wanted JA to draft was McGlynn from Pit and Philly traded one slot in front of us in the 4th RD and took him. I believe since he was are target and gone, we traded down w/ Mia and then Tampa and took Craig Stetz.

I remember writing about him 6 months ago or so saying he should be a big contibuter this year. The reaction I got was about 70-30 betting against. Some whispers about why he didn't see much or any of the field last year was because Rusty Jones noticed his body (muscles and bones) wasn't caught up yet to his size. Rusty thought giving him a year under his supervision, he can get him ready for the NFL.

One reason why I put my blog out on this was b/c I seen him filling a Guard position, thus putting the need for G a little lower on my draft wish list. The Guard I wanted JA to draft was McGlynn from Pit and Philly traded one slot in front of us in the 4th RD and took him. I believe since he was are target and gone, we traded down w/ Mia and then Tampa and took Craig Stetz.

IMHO we need to contuine to see what Beekman has and if he can't do the job put in Dan

Buenning. In no way should we allow Metcalf to play unless he has made a complete 180 in the way he blocks. From watching the bears Oline over the years I have noticed something. After the first block on the line they seem not to follow up down field with more blocking. Is this coaching or just to much time trying to block one man.

I thought I noticed the tackles getting to the second level and throwing blocks while they used the interior linemen to cave in the middle of the defense.The FB would lead throught the whole first and then Forte was right behind him.On one play Olsen was used as a FB out of the Bears 2 TE set and he was the lead blocker.While watching NFL Matchup this morning I found out the TE as a lead blocker is a staple of Ron Turner's.The analyst showed a play from last weeks game and one from 2 years ago with the only difference being Clarke was the TE and Thomas Jones was the RB.The reason why both Jones and Forte have success with this type of blocking is because both of these guys don't waste time running through the holes.

Agree. Glad to see tht he's giving us some solid youth on the Oline.