Penalties!

madlithuanian

I think one poster mentioned penalties...

WHY ARE THERE STILL SO MANY? This falls squarely on Lovie. That amateur crud needs to stop now. We are not that good of a team where we can fumble twice nad get penalized like the Raiders and still win...

Who ended up winning the flag total yesterday....The Panthers seemed to jump on every other play...

They sure did...but all our blunders made it impossible to take advantage of all theirs!

No question. Penalties hurt this team a ton. Not too bad on defense. I think we had two, but I don't want to make a big deal of those as they came from aggressive play, and you don't want to make too big of an issue about one or two hear and there.

But we had 4 penalties called on special teams, each of which hurt us in terms of field position. W/o an explosive offense, starting at the 10 instead of the 20 really hurts.

We also had 7 on offense, and again, those are drive killers. This is an offense who is going to have a tough enough time getting 10 yards for a 1st, much less 15 or 20 yards.

Agreed on D... I have no problem with one or 2 off-sides if you're going for broke.

I wanted McGowan and McKie benched after all their continual flubs all game long. Those were killers.

Undisciplined. It's on Lovie.

No question. Penalties hurt this team a ton. Not too bad on defense. I think we had two, but I don't want to make a big deal of those as they came from aggressive play, and you don't want to make too big of an issue about one or two hear and there.

But we had 4 penalties called on special teams, each of which hurt us in terms of field position. W/o an explosive offense, starting at the 10 instead of the 20 really hurts.

We also had 7 on offense, and again, those are drive killers. This is an offense who is going to have a tough enough time getting 10 yards for a 1st, much less 15 or 20 yards.

Agreed on D... I have no problem with one or 2 off-sides if you're going for broke.

I wanted McGowan and McKie benched after all their continual flubs all game long. Those were killers.

Undisciplined. It's on Lovie.

Look out Mad! Somebody will call your post "dumb crap" if you start wanting Lovie to discipline players for unacceptable mistakes that impact game flow. It would be terrible to be so mean as to bench them.

(Sorry, Bears 88. I couldn't help but take one more little poke at ya, but it's just in fun!)

Look out Mad! Somebody will call your post "dumb crap" if you start wanting Lovie to discipline players for unacceptable mistakes that impact game flow. It would be terrible to be so mean as to bench them.

(Sorry, Bears 88. I couldn't help but take one more little poke at ya, but it's just in fun!)

LOL, it's ok. BTW, how many block in the back penalties did we have? :banghead

I know! We're so used to coddling!