McGowan out for the year

Wesson44

Now that McGowan is out for the year what do we do...promote someone from the practice squad to take his place on the 53 man roster or sign someone off the FA wire. What do you think we should do. IMHO we should promote Bowman the CB since he made the 53 man roster in the first place. But do we need a back up at safety or are we happy with Brown,Payne Manning and Steltz

At this point bring up Bowman is possible. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears picks up Simms now that they have the space. He always seems to be floating around the rumor mill...

Now that McGowan is out for the year what do we do...promote someone from the practice squad to take his place on the 53 man roster or sign someone off the FA wire. What do you think we should do. IMHO we should promote Bowman the CB since he made the 53 man roster in the first place. But do we need a back up at safety or are we happy with Brown,Payne Manning and Steltz

Guest TerraTor
At this point bring up Bowman is possible. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears picks up Simms now that they have the space. He always seems to be floating around the rumor mill...

maybe now we will stop losing 15yards on every kickoff and punt return

I assume you meant Chris Simms? He signed with Tennessee after Vince Young went down.

http://search.nfl.com/search/?query=simms&...arch-button.y=9

They could do a couple of things here. But I think the most logical is to move manning back for trial basis. He is the only Free safety on the Roster. Bring Bowman to the active roster. If Manning dont pan out then try McBride at the nickel. I thought he played some last year. ( maybe wrong)

What you're forgetting is that we'd already moved McGowan to nickel spot. McGowan's the guy who replaced D Manning at the nickel. Kevin Payne replaced McGowan at the SS spot.

In the opener vs. Indy, D Manning replaced McGowan for a series or two at the nickel. Last week when McGowan went down, Manning took his spot. There's no doubt that Manning will fill his spot IMO.

I agree I'd like to see Bowman.