Orton's improvement

kledanhoj

I haven't been on the Orton wagon, ever. The only positives I've seen from him were he isn't made of glass. His 2nd half last night reminded me of how bad he can play. However, over the course of this season, he actually seems to be improving. He almost seems to be moving towards being a middle of he pack to even proficient at times. If he continues to limit the mistakes and actually learn each week, I am thinking he may just work out.

The big thing that leaps out at me at this point is time of possession. In recent years, our D wore thin quickly trying to play so many minutes.. Lately, it seems like we can actually put drives that eat the clock together and we have had some nice 3rd down conversions..

I'll focus on the positives a few more weeks and see how this plays out.

I think that's a fair assessment...

I haven't been on the Orton wagon, ever. The only positives I've seen from him were he isn't made of glass. His 2nd half last night reminded me of how bad he can play. However, over the course of this season, he actually seems to be improving. He almost seems to be moving towards being a middle of he pack to even proficient at times. If he continues to limit the mistakes and actually learn each week, I am thinking he may just work out.

The big thing that leaps out at me at this point is time of possession. In recent years, our D wore thin quickly trying to play so many minutes.. Lately, it seems like we can actually put drives that eat the clock together and we have had some nice 3rd down conversions..

I'll focus on the positives a few more weeks and see how this plays out.

Guest TerraTor
I think that's a fair assessment...

I think the playcalling basically the entire second half was to blame. How do u score 21 and have 3Td passes and then score 3pts and and have 3 first downs and 3 turnovers?

I blame some of the play calling for sure. Seems like we were passsing when we should have been running many times. (See Orton's turnover from the 11...why was the ball not given to Forte?) Orton made that bad mistake and also held onto the ball a little long on one of the 2 sack/fumbles. I don't blame him for the stupid reverse...I think K Jones F'ed that one up.

I'm glad we won the game. I just still fear we won despite some things...and did so again with a team missing a core player.

I think the playcalling basically the entire second half was to blame. How do u score 21 and have 3Td passes and then score 3pts and and have 3 first downs and 3 turnovers?