Did McCain cause the Forrestal Fire?

CrackerDog

Maybe his immature antics costs the US Navy over 100 lives on that fateful day?

Do I believe it? I don't know... But it's a question I want answered. Right Ashkum?

First off, No hard feelings, It was kinda of bait to get the reaction. We have different views and that's fine. I just wanted to lay out some issues whether they are cleared or not that I find kind of funny.

"I want the truth!"

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

Lot's of things out there to wonder about with these candidates. Seems bringing up the whole "Obama is a Muslim" thing at this point might open a can of worms for McCain. If they can ask questions, is it OK for us to do the same? Can we ask about the Forrestal? The Keating 5? His graduating at the bottom of his class at Annapolis? His being shot down while flying below his ordered altitude? His crashing of 3 other jets but still being a pilot afterwards while his dad was an Admiral? Does it sound like a cover-up or special treatment?

I hate all of this crap. I'd like to believe the best about John McCain and Barack Obama and I'd like to vote for them based on the merits of what they propose for our country. In the future! I post this thread in response to Ashkum to provide an example of how this crap gets thrown out there on the internet all the time. People choose to believe the ones that justify their decisions and ignore others. I have no clue if McCain was what some of the conspiracy theorists out there claim. I choose to ignore it all but for this little experiment. I hope the point has been made.

The Rep's are going to use all out dirty tactics from here on out. Turnaround is fair play.

Maybe his immature antics costs the US Navy over 100 lives on that fateful day?

Do I believe it? I don't know... But it's a question I want answered. Right Ashkum?

"I want the truth!"

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

Lot's of things out there to wonder about with these candidates. Seems bringing up the whole "Obama is a Muslim" thing at this point might open a can of worms for McCain. If they can ask questions, is it OK for us to do the same? Can we ask about the Forrestal? The Keating 5? His graduating at the bottom of his class at Annapolis? His being shot down while flying below his ordered altitude? His crashing of 3 other jets but still being a pilot afterwards while his dad was an Admiral? Does it sound like a cover-up or special treatment?

I hate all of this crap. I'd like to believe the best about John McCain and Barack Obama and I'd like to vote for them based on the merits of what they propose for our country. In the future! I post this thread in response to Ashkum to provide an example of how this crap gets thrown out there on the internet all the time. People choose to believe the ones that justify their decisions and ignore others. I have no clue if McCain was what some of the conspiracy theorists out there claim. I choose to ignore it all but for this little experiment. I hope the point has been made.

The Rep's are going to use all out dirty tactics from here on out. Turnaround is fair play.

While true, it's fair play, I think it's counterproductive. Obama needs to run a campaign that fosters his ability to lead and bring the country together when it's all done. So, I think it's fair to bring up Keating since the financial markets are in turmoil but I don't think dirty pool about his military record is OK.

My point in my initial post here was to show how ugly this could get if we go down that path. McCain got this treatment from Bush and Rove in 2000. The roadmap is already out there and thus far Obama and his team have stayed off that road. I hope it stays that way. But really, McCain and his camp, and his followers like Ashkum, hold the keys to how deep into the shitter this goes. With McCain desperate at this point, I understand the whole "kitchen sink" attack. I really do. But I also hope his position in the polls continues to sink as he goes this route. It'll show him that the best plan was his original, which was to continue to run an honorable campaign. I could provide links to him saying just that on video. I could show you video of him saying Rev. Wright was off limits and that Obama didn't ascribe to his crazier side. That stuff exists and that McCain was a man I respected. I think a lot of moderates and independents will run away from him as he keeps up this BS.

But I've been wrong before.

I do tend to agree...

But for the past 2 elections, the Dem's tried taking the high rod and got railroaded... Fight fire with fire, or get burned.

However, It hink if Obama just defends himself agasint the barrage of attacks...basically poo-poo'ing them as right wing propaganda while clearly stating his points, many should be just turned off by the desperate tactics of the Rep's.

While true, it's fair play, I think it's counterproductive. Obama needs to run a campaign that fosters his ability to lead and bring the country together when it's all done. So, I think it's fair to bring up Keating since the financial markets are in turmoil but I don't think dirty pool about his military record is OK.

My point in my initial post here was to show how ugly this could get if we go down that path. McCain got this treatment from Bush and Rove in 2000. The roadmap is already out there and thus far Obama and his team have stayed off that road. I hope it stays that way. But really, McCain and his camp, and his followers like Ashkum, hold the keys to how deep into the shitter this goes. With McCain desperate at this point, I understand the whole "kitchen sink" attack. I really do. But I also hope his position in the polls continues to sink as he goes this route. It'll show him that the best plan was his original, which was to continue to run an honorable campaign. I could provide links to him saying just that on video. I could show you video of him saying Rev. Wright was off limits and that Obama didn't ascribe to his crazier side. That stuff exists and that McCain was a man I respected. I think a lot of moderates and independents will run away from him as he keeps up this BS.

But I've been wrong before.

I do tend to agree...

But for the past 2 elections, the Dem's tried taking the high rod and got railroaded... Fight fire with fire, or get burned.

However, It hink if Obama just defends himself agasint the barrage of attacks...basically poo-poo'ing them as right wing propaganda while clearly stating his points, many should be just turned off by the desperate tactics of the Rep's.

I believe this is the best strategy as well. If McCain goes "Rev. Wright" on Obama, Obama's response should be "John, have you taken a look at the DOW recently? It's down 20% in the last 30 days. Oh, and nearly a million people have lost their jobs in 2008. We're here with a real opportunity to discuss the issues that matter to people and you want to talk about things that were vetted during the primary process. I've had enough with the kitchen sink, let's talk kitchen table."

And then he should discuss things that matter. Basically leaving McCain looking like an embarrassed, shallow, angry old man.