Endurance is strength of rookie RB Forte

Pixote

The Sun-Times has an interesting article stating an argument that Forte's decline in running yardage is simply not using him enough. I am not sure I agree, as I applaud Turner for turning to the air when defenses stack the box, but it does seem to have some legitimate points. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this article?

The Sun-Times has an interesting article stating an argument that Forte's decline in running yardage is simply not using him enough. I am not sure I agree, as I applaud Turner for turning to the air when defenses stack the box, but it does seem to have some legitimate points. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this article?

I think they are doing a great job with him. If anything, I would like to see Jones get some more carries. Last week was an aberation since we were blowing out Detroit. Jones should be getting approximately 10 carries a week.

Peace :dabears

I think they are doing a great job with him. If anything, I would like to see Jones get some more carries. Last week was an aberation since we were blowing out Detroit. Jones should be getting approximately 10 carries a week.

Peace :dabears

Yea but you still need to get Forte 20 - 25 carries a week.

I might agree. If you keep taking him off the field and throwing, it messes up his rhythm.

I'd like to see 2 or 3 passes in a row, then 2 draws for Forte, then a simple run, then a screen, and so on.

IMHO rhythm has nothing to do with it. It all starts with the Oline and the blocking scheme. We can't run block well at at and our OC calls for the same plays that are meant to go into the middle of the line. We don't run the toss sweeps, counter motion plays, and things of that nature. McKie is not a blocking FB.Look at Denver, they have a 1000 yard rusher every year with different backs because of the way they block not that they are laying out the Dline...they just get them turned the wrong way. Its hard to run a play when you are tripping over Beakman, Krutez and or Garza when they are getting pushed into the backfield

I disagree with the article. We are using him ENOUGH! If we give him 25-30 carries each week PLUS the 5 or so touches he gets catching the ball outta the backfield, he's going to be worn down by the time December gets here. We need to limit his touches because trust me, if we have a fresh running back in December, that spells trouble for opposing defenses because we all know when the weather gets cold, you start to rely on the running game more.