Kyle Orton - A look at the Stats

nfoligno

Agreed. Still, they kept him so they must feel he is a worthwhile development prospect. Bring in a vet to back up Kyle next yr (if Kyle continues to play like this) and leave Hanie as the #3. We need our draft picks to address the other issues we have (safety, o-line, etc).

Time will tell, but I am simply not sold on just how much they like Hanie. They kept him, but it isn't like they had a boat load of options. For all we know, he was simply considered the best of a weak bunch.

If Orton shines this year, I can easily see our getting a veteran to backup Orton, and then going w/ Hanie as our 3rd, but I also think the odds of our drafting a QB to compete w/ Hanie for that 3rd spot are fairly high.

Nfo Iam going more on his preformance in Preseason then you are. I feel his play be it against 4 and 5 th string units was far superior to them that it warranted a stick on the roster. He showed more mobility then anyone in the QB position on the Bears, He has a very strong arm and unlike other rookies i seen this year, he rarely made mistakes. That says alot for a kid that was undrafted.

Um, you mean the way the team didn't want Orton to rot on the roster? The only reason Orton ever got a chance we due to Rex, and then Griese, failing. If not for that, he would have rotted on the pine, and he was a 4th round pick, as compared to an undrafted rookie FA.

Honestly, I think fans are higher on Hanie than the staff or team in general.

I think we agree?