Buffalo trades McCargo

bradjock

The Bills traded DT John McCAargo to Indy for a 4th round pick--as per profootballtalk.com. This is significant since McCargo was the guy that Buffalo traded up with Chicago to get in 2006. The Bears gave up the 26th pick for the #42 & the #73 pick. We took Danieal Manning & Dusty Dvoracek. Buffalo would have been one helluva a lot better off standing pat and taking Dvoracek.

Not to mention this trade gave us the flexibility to draft Devin Hester.

2006 was also the year that Bears fans were screaming for Angelo to try and trade up to draft Vernon Davis. So far Davis can't even succeed in a Mike Martz offense.

I throw this up for 2 reasons:

1. Angelo made one helluva a trade.

2. It's rarely good to trade up.

The Bills traded DT John McCAargo to Indy for a 4th round pick--as per profootballtalk.com. This is significant since McCargo was the guy that Buffalo traded up with Chicago to get in 2006. The Bears gave up the 26th pick for the #42 & the #73 pick. We took Danieal Manning & Dusty Dvoracek. Buffalo would have been one helluva a lot better off standing pat and taking Dvoracek.

Not to mention this trade gave us the flexibility to draft Devin Hester.

2006 was also the year that Bears fans were screaming for Angelo to try and trade up to draft Vernon Davis. So far Davis can't even succeed in a Mike Martz offense.

I throw this up for 2 reasons:

1. Angelo made one helluva a trade.

2. It's rarely good to trade up.

Buffalo traded Clutch Cargo???? Holy crap!!!! Didn't he disappear from Chicago TV back in the late 70s????? ;)

Peace :dabears

Not sure I agree...

Don't Bazuin, Okwo, etc prove otherwise?

But...but...but Angelo is a moron and he never drafts anyone who is good and he sucks and everyone sucks and he sucks!!!!!!!1

Whether you like it or not, going by drafting, Angelo is one of the best, if not THE BEST, at drafting in the 2nd-5th rounds.

I don't think so...

To me, that doesn't mean anything other than he appears average at his job.

Hits and misses.

Other potential misses on D (leaving this years' class out, as the verdict is way too early):

1. Okwo (previously mentioned)

2. Baziun (previously mentioned)

3. Tank Johsnon (some success, but overall bust)

4. Leon Joe

5. Claude Harriot

6. Todd Johnson

7. Ian Scott (some success)

8. Michael Haynes

9. Tron LaFavor

10. Roosevelt Williams

11. Bobby Gray

12. Brian Knight

13. Danieal Manning (still a bit early to dismiss)

14. Corey Graham (still a bit early to dismiss)

PS - You can't open the can of worms on offense...plus Kruetz wasn't his pick.

Don't Hester, Alex Brown, Mark Anderson, Dvoracek, Forte, Tommie Harris, Harrison, Briggs, Kreutz (might have been Angelo's pick), Tillman, Vasher, Graham, Payne, Orton, Berrian, etc. prove otherwise?

I don't think so...

To me, that doesn't mean anything other than he appears average at his job.

Hits and misses.

Other potential misses on D (leaving this years' class out, as the verdict is way too early):

1. Okwo (previously mentioned)

2. Baziun (previously mentioned)

3. Tank Johsnon (some success, but overall bust)

4. Leon Joe

5. Claude Harriot

6. Todd Johnson

7. Ian Scott (some success)

8. Michael Haynes

9. Tron LaFavor

10. Roosevelt Williams

11. Bobby Gray

12. Brian Knight

13. Danieal Manning (still a bit early to dismiss)

14. Corey Graham (still a bit early to dismiss)

PS - You can't open the can of worms on offense...plus Kruetz wasn't his pick.

Michael Haynes was a first round pick. I believe we were talking about rounds 2 to 5.

What is wrong with Corey Graham? He was outstanding on special teams last year and looks like he could be a future starter. For a 5th round pick that's not too shabby.

True!

Yeah, I was on the fence on his...moreso as he's still an unproven. Feel free to scratch him from my list....

My basic contention is that Angelo is no more the genius at this than most other GM's... He's got his hits and misses...

Michael Haynes was a first round pick. I believe we were talking about rounds 2 to 5.

What is wrong with Corey Graham? He was outstanding on special teams last year and looks like he could be a future starter. For a 5th round pick that's not too shabby.

There are a few I imagine.

Let's also keep in mind Ogun was not drafted, Hunter was picked up on waivers, and I think there may be a few more 2nd stringers on the DL and LB crew.

I think we both agree Angelo has done a good job on the D side, but I feel he is no genius. Other GM's have been as successful. Others far less...

Tell me how many other GMs built a defense from pretty much the draft.