Disappointments/Surprises

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Good points! I wonder if injuries to some key guys, like Harris and Urlacher, have anything to do with the slowdown? I wonder what the feeling is within the NFL about Babich? I do feel sometimes that Lovie and Co. seem to be overly patient with some players/coaches but are quick to throw others out, Riviera went quickly! I assume Riviera went because of his aggressiveness in looking for a HC job during Super Bowl week.... I hope they solve the problem regardless, because it makes me sick to see teams basically chew up the Bears as if they are any old ordinary defense.

I guess one really does not get a good full sense of character watching the games on Sundays and reading the papers. That said, I hope character is important to JA and Lovie, it seems it is to some degree so that is heartening. Part of my rationale for trading Urlacher would have been the advantage of getting alot of picks for someone who clearly appears to be on the way down. I certainly would not have considered a trade if we were not getting a nice package of players/picks.

My understanding is that Harris's contract could be voided relatively easy at the end of the year, so maybe he will be the next guy on his way out if he keeps on going like he has been. I think his suspension was a real message, hopefully he will get back to being the dominant player he once was.

Ultimately I would like to see guys play for the Bears who love the team and act with some integrity. Who embody the city, the toughness....I think we have some of those kind of guys but I am sure you could never have a perfect team. So, I guess we are stuck with Briggs/Urlacher for now...not a bad problem to have I guess, lol. :dabears

I think to a large extent, all of us are throwing our hands in the air wondering what has happened to this D. It seems the

one common denominator is the coordinator. When Rivera was here, we were close to the top, ever since, we've been closer to the cellar. I just look at the talent pool and think that pound for pound, or players are more than solid. Yet the results aren't. Sure you can blame players, but when you have what the Bears have, and are not getting results...I think the buck stops at the coach. I just have to imagine, if Bill Belichick had our personnell, we'd be ranked in the top 5.

I like character guys too...but moreso on the field. I've know plenty of guys that would die for me in a scrap, but could keep their (explitive) out of any girl that moved and gave them the time of day. I don't get the feeling Urlacher is a jackass at practice and on the field. I feel generally the same about Briggs. I think both deserve the crap they get for their mistakes, but until I see another mess up, I'll give them some wiggle room. Neither got nailed for DUI's, neither got nabbed for roids or drugs, neither beat their spouses...one is just having a private custody battle go public and the other smashed his ride and bailed the scene (which you could contend logically that he may have been bombed). And I do admit, that I have greater issue with Briggs because of that. I have virtually no issue with Urlacher. I really was hoping we could trade Briggs a few years back and get something good. But, as long as he keeps his nose clean from here on out...I'm OK.

I want character guys too... And if I ran the circus, like yourself, I would strive for that. However, I would not trade Urlacher as I don't see him as a character issue. Briggs, I could understand...but I'd still hold on him unless the deal was great for us.

Yeah, I'm sure injuries do play a factor, but I don't believe it's the main cause. I'd love to know what some NFL staffer feel about Babich too!

I just hope we turn this around and have a squad that can make this town proud! Sooner than later!

Good points! I wonder if injuries to some key guys, like Harris and Urlacher, have anything to do with the slowdown? I wonder what the feeling is within the NFL about Babich? I do feel sometimes that Lovie and Co. seem to be overly patient with some players/coaches but are quick to throw others out, Riviera went quickly! I assume Riviera went because of his aggressiveness in looking for a HC job during Super Bowl week.... I hope they solve the problem regardless, because it makes me sick to see teams basically chew up the Bears as if they are any old ordinary defense.

I guess one really does not get a good full sense of character watching the games on Sundays and reading the papers. That said, I hope character is important to JA and Lovie, it seems it is to some degree so that is heartening. Part of my rationale for trading Urlacher would have been the advantage of getting alot of picks for someone who clearly appears to be on the way down. I certainly would not have considered a trade if we were not getting a nice package of players/picks.

My understanding is that Harris's contract could be voided relatively easy at the end of the year, so maybe he will be the next guy on his way out if he keeps on going like he has been. I think his suspension was a real message, hopefully he will get back to being the dominant player he once was.

Ultimately I would like to see guys play for the Bears who love the team and act with some integrity. Who embody the city, the toughness....I think we have some of those kind of guys but I am sure you could never have a perfect team. So, I guess we are stuck with Briggs/Urlacher for now...not a bad problem to have I guess, lol. :dabears

I think the real teltale sign for us will be the rest of this season, With all the injuries healing up and the play of Harris comming around, we can see the maybe better clue comming out. Harris's play to this break was bad compared to his previous years. He even said his head was not in it. The kid, Not married to the mom, all weighed on him like a ton bricks. that comes from up bringing. Now that he has delt with it I hope his play returns to previous years. With his play increase, I expect Url to get back as well. Guards been having a field day with him of late and with Harris getting penetration of the line guards will have to hold back to handle harris. So maybe, just maybe we will see a vat improvement.