My final words on the election

CrackerDog

Things in the polls look good. But I have little faith. I have almost no faith in an electorate and an electoral process that twice sent George W. Bush to the White House. I fear what the election of John McCain will mean to this country. I can't imagine four more years of ineffective governance. But, as you know, I see things differently than some others here.

I have no intention of gloating or sulking on Wednesday. Regardless of the way this goes, all we can do is move ahead. If McCain wins, I hope the John McCain of 2000 re-emerges. This country deserves at least that. If Obama wins, I pray he's as smart and as energized as he's convinced me he is. We need every bit of the campaign enthusiasm to be transferred directly into policy and action in our government. There's no time for petty grave-dancing.

May the best man... and our country, win.

Well said...

I agree as well.

At least, in some way, new ground will be broken with either a minority Pres. or a female VP.

Things in the polls look good. But I have little faith. I have almost no faith in an electorate and an electoral process that twice sent George W. Bush to the White House. I fear what the election of John McCain will mean to this country. I can't imagine four more years of ineffective governance. But, as you know, I see things differently than some others here.

I have no intention of gloating or sulking on Wednesday. Regardless of the way this goes, all we can do is move ahead. If McCain wins, I hope the John McCain of 2000 re-emerges. This country deserves at least that. If Obama wins, I pray he's as smart and as energized as he's convinced me he is. We need every bit of the campaign enthusiasm to be transferred directly into policy and action in our government. There's no time for petty grave-dancing.

If McCain wins, I pray that he stays healthy for the next 4 yrs. No way, no how do I want Sarah Palin running this country.

Peace :dabears