Orton out a month

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Yeah, it's a bit early to speculate on time till the MRI results are known. Durring the game they were saying ankle, from the replay it almost looked more like it would a knee but we know we won't get much beyond a general answer from Lovie. Either way I hope it isn't major and I hope he gets back on the field soon.

If it turns out to only be a high ankle sprain then we got lucky. Watching that replay as often as Fox was showing it, I am surprised that it is not broken. Glad that I wore my Cut Grossman t-shirt under my Payton jersey. Took of the jersey and everyone laughed and asked about how to obtain the t-shirt.

One month is basically the best possible outcome (reasonable one anyway) considering how it looked and how he looked afterwards. We have a strong chance of losing to the Titans anyway and a strong chance of beating St. Louis either way, so really only the GB and Minn games are affected, in a sense. It's also 4 less games that Orton will have a chance to have a season ending injury during and right now we are pretty well off record-wise.

I'm not too bothered. What's more important is whether we see today's 1st half defense or 2nd half defense in the future. If the 1st half defense comes back, it won't matter who's at QB.

They said at half-time of the game tonight that Orton hopes to play this week. Said he drove himself home. I guess one can drive with a sprained ankle easy enough. Who knows. Let the drama begin. Where's my Grossman jersey at?

I've driven myself home after tearing my ACL on my right knee before....gotta wait til the MRI, if it is just a high sprain its really up to Orton's healing abilities and his pain threshhold as to when we see him again....