Da Coach gives his endorsement

Controlled Chaos

Da Coach is on the McCain-Palin Team Watch video at link

Mike Ditka uses locker room flair at Pennsylvania rally

Updated 3:04 PM CST, Fri, Oct 31, 2008

Mike Ditka steps up for the McCain/Palin ticket at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania.

Da Coach showed his passion. He had his usual flair. It was something right out of a 1985 locker room speech to the Chicago Bears.

"Don't talk about what you're going to do," Mike Ditka told the crowd at a Pennsylvania rally Friday. "Prove you can do something."

As Ditka stood on stage with presidential candidate John McCain and his running mate, Sarah Palin, he looked almost Presidential himself...or at least Senatorial. If you don't believe us, watch the speech yourself.

You may not remember, but Illinois and national Republican leaders asked Ditka to run for the United States Senate back in 2004 against a political up-and-comer: Barack Obama.

Well, once he decided to coach the Saints, we knew he wasn't perfect...

But I still ove him regardless of his political affiliations!

Da Coach is on the McCain-Palin Team Watch video at link

Mike Ditka uses locker room flair at Pennsylvania rally

Updated 3:04 PM CST, Fri, Oct 31, 2008

Mike Ditka steps up for the McCain/Palin ticket at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania.

Da Coach showed his passion. He had his usual flair. It was something right out of a 1985 locker room speech to the Chicago Bears.

"Don't talk about what you're going to do," Mike Ditka told the crowd at a Pennsylvania rally Friday. "Prove you can do something."

As Ditka stood on stage with presidential candidate John McCain and his running mate, Sarah Palin, he looked almost Presidential himself...or at least Senatorial. If you don't believe us, watch the speech yourself.

You may not remember, but Illinois and national Republican leaders asked Ditka to run for the United States Senate back in 2004 against a political up-and-comer: Barack Obama.

Well, once he decided to coach the Saints, we knew he wasn't perfect...

But I still ove him regardless of his political affiliations!

Personally, I think he was a great player and an average coach. With the talent he had, he should have won at least one if not two additional Super Bowls. In the end, he completely melted down in Chicago and was an embarassment in NO engineering one of the worst trades ever.

Peace :dabears

But I think he was a good head coach, it's just once he lost very good coordinators and a GM, he struggled. At least that's how I'll remember it! ;)

Personally, I think he was a great player and an average coach. With the talent he had, he should have won at least one if not two additional Super Bowls. In the end, he completely melted down in Chicago and was an embarassment in NO engineering one of the worst trades ever.

But I think he was a good head coach, it's just once he lost very good coordinators and a GM, he struggled. At least that's how I'll remember it! ;)

A little history. Grew up in downstate Illinois. My stepfather's parents lived in St Louis and had season tickets to the Cardinals. Got to see Jim Hart, Jim Bakken, Terry Metcalf, Dan Dierdorf, etc play and, until the age of 20, I was a Cardinal fan. When I moved to Chicago in 1989, I started following the Bears. I had sworn off the Cardinals by then as they moved to Pheonix.

So I have a different perspective on the 85 Bears. Looking at them from the outside, I always felt they should have won at least 1 more SB given the talent level. Further, at the time they won the SB, Ditka had the most experienced coaching staff in football. He had been set up to succeed.

Oh, I agree, that group should have won far more SB's! It was bad decision one after another after that big victory.

A little history. Grew up in downstate Illinois. My stepfather's parents lived in St Louis and had season tickets to the Cardinals. Got to see Jim Hart, Jim Bakken, Terry Metcald, Dan Dierdorf, etc play and, until the age of 20, I was a Cardinal fan. When I moved to Chicago in 1989, I started following the Bears. I had sworn off the Cardinals by then as they moved to Pheonix.

So I have a different perspective on the 85 Bears. Looking at them from the outside, I always felt they should have won at least 1 more SB given the talent level. Further, at the time they won the SB, Ditka had the most experienced coaching staff in football. He had been set up to succeed.