I'm gonna say it: part 2

Connorbear

Dvoracek has not been great, he has been slightly above average. Take off the bears tinted glasses.

Payne has been very good so far this year...the best player? Maybe, but does that say more about his talent or the state of our D?

Tillman and Vasher have not been good this year.....no matter what scheme they are playing in. It is not their fault, injuries suck, but it is what it is....

Let's look at reality, not what we wish. We all would like Bears D to kick as#, but it just doesn't right now.

Watch the game. Dvoracek has been blowing up runs all year and forcing runs out to where other guys can get tackles. Take off the glasses that make you just look at how many tackles he's had.

Yes, he has been the best player, and IMO, he's a Pro Bowler. It says more about the state of the D, but he has been good, too.

They haven't been good because they're doing what they're supposed to? Okay.

Watch the game. Dvoracek has been blowing up runs all year and forcing runs out to where other guys can get tackles. Take off the glasses that make you just look at how many tackles he's had.

Yes, he has been the best player, and IMO, he's a Pro Bowler. It says more about the state of the D, but he has been good, too.

They haven't been good because they're doing what they're supposed to? Okay.

The games I have seen had Dvoracek looking solid but hardly Pro Bowl level. Too bad we couldn't put a nice big bet on whether he will be a Pro Bowler this year. I like him, but Harris at his peak he is not.

Who exactly is doing what they are supposed to? I maintain that the defense sucks more due to performance than scheme, so I would argue that there are plenty of blown plays and lack of players getting pressure on the QB.

And I would not say that the players in question have always been over-rated, maybe last year and definitely this year. Our D is good, maybe even great, when fully healthy, but as it is now it is mediocre....

To play somewhat of a devil's advocate...

Is it time to bench the dead weight?

Do we start the following?

LE - Idonije over Wale?

DT1 - Harrison over Harris?

DT2 - Adams over Dusty?

RE - Alex Brown, he's still playing at an all-pro level

SLB - McClover over Hilly?

MLB - Roach over Url?

WLB - Briggs, he's playing at an all-pro level

CB1 - Graham over Tillman? But, given that Tillman's had a few good games, I could see starting him

CB2 - McBride over Vasher?

SS - Payne - while not playing at an all-pro level yet, he's playing well

FS - Manning/Steltz over Brown?

Would this put a scare into our under-acheiving big money husters?

I'm not sure I'd try this in all honesty...but maybe in a couple positions.

Empty calorie food for thought...