To Bears88

CubbiesFan07

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And honestly...Who cares if this is a "childish" post....this is a message board...this is what happens when people have their own opinions and speak up about it...

If you want to be sheltered from other people's points of view than don't come here and post...

I am not trying to say that Bears 88 is complaining about being called out...I am just saying that this isn't elementary school and I think we can all deal with some criticism, lord knows Rex does...

It is asinine to speculate that Kyle would have gotten more or done differently because that is impossible to predict. He is injured.

Come on. We know Orton is injured, but that doesn't prevent anyone from saying what could have been. Just as many talk about how, in previous years, our D may have looked w/ this guy or that guy healthy. If Brown was healthy, does he give up the deep bomb in the SB the way DM did? This is typical talk. We know Orton is injured, but that doesn't mean we can speculate how he might have fared.

I do understand your overall point though. You can not always put the same expectations on a backup as you do a starter. At the same time, I would make the following points. A. Rex is not a typical backup. He was our starter for the last however many years, and was in a close battle for the job this camp. So I think one can place a higher level of expectations on him than w/ many other backups. B. We were facing a backup QB who looked pretty good.

I see the point in questioning a coaches call, and choosing one play over another. These decisions can actually impact a game. Thus I see merit debating them. And dont get me wrong, I love the "what if" scenario as I have replayed the superbowl in my head about 1000 times. However, knowing that is was not possible that Kyle would play, what is the point in arguing Kyle have done better? Kyle is our starter, our #1 QB, thus it is no stretch to assume he most likely would have played better than Rex. Rex was forced to play the game due to circumstance. He played as a back up usually plays in his first start. Collins has been the starter for what, 7 weeks now? I would speculate that Rex would be better too if he had played 7 weeks in a row.

I too however understand your point of saying we would have won if Kyle started. Maybe we would have. But people on this board are once again turning this into Kyle VS. Rex and it is just getting frustrating to keep reading. It shouldn't come to this. Kyle was not benched. Rex did not earn this start. People are arguing as if Kyle deserves to be our starter over Rex. But he is! So where is everyone going with their arguments? Fine, if kyle was healthy and played yesterday and all other variables remained constant then yes, we COULD have won.

There are far better hypotheticals you examine, such as what if we drafted Tom Brady? I think if the Bears had Tom Brady we would have won yesterday. The scenario has the same probability as Kyle playing yesterday. Zero.

I think you are confusing simple frustration and Rex bashing as a Rex v Kyle argument/debate. At this point, i think there is only one poster who still truly supports Rex. If anything, the only Rex debate at this point is whether he is even a valuable backup QB, which I think is a legit debate.

I see the point in questioning a coaches call, and choosing one play over another. These decisions can actually impact a game. Thus I see merit debating them. And dont get me wrong, I love the "what if" scenario as I have replayed the superbowl in my head about 1000 times. However, knowing that is was not possible that Kyle would play, what is the point in arguing Kyle have done better? Kyle is our starter, our #1 QB, thus it is no stretch to assume he most likely would have played better than Rex. Rex was forced to play the game due to circumstance. He played as a back up usually plays in his first start. Collins has been the starter for what, 7 weeks now? I would speculate that Rex would be better too if he had played 7 weeks in a row.

I too however understand your point of saying we would have won if Kyle started. Maybe we would have. But people on this board are once again turning this into Kyle VS. Rex and it is just getting frustrating to keep reading. It shouldn't come to this. Kyle was not benched. Rex did not earn this start. People are arguing as if Kyle deserves to be our starter over Rex. But he is! So where is everyone going with their arguments? Fine, if kyle was healthy and played yesterday and all other variables remained constant then yes, we COULD have won.

There are far better hypotheticals you examine, such as what if we drafted Tom Brady? I think if the Bears had Tom Brady we would have won yesterday. The scenario has the same probability as Kyle playing yesterday. Zero.

It is asinine to speculate that Kyle would have gotten more or done differently because that is impossible to predict. He is injured.

Come on. We know Orton is injured, but that doesn't prevent anyone from saying what could have been. Just as many talk about how, in previous years, our D may have looked w/ this guy or that guy healthy. If Brown was healthy, does he give up the deep bomb in the SB the way DM did? This is typical talk. We know Orton is injured, but that doesn't mean we can speculate how he might have fared.

I do understand your overall point though. You can not always put the same expectations on a backup as you do a starter. At the same time, I would make the following points. A. Rex is not a typical backup. He was our starter for the last however many years, and was in a close battle for the job this camp. So I think one can place a higher level of expectations on him than w/ many other backups. B. We were facing a backup QB who looked pretty good.

Agreed.

Rex isn't like alot of backups. He's had plenty enough experience to know how to play in a starters role, just a few years removed from a Superbowl appearance. We all know if Kyle would have been healthy, the offense would have been run differently and more effectively; he's proven it ALL YEAR long!

Agreed.

Rex isn't like alot of backups. He's had plenty enough experience to know how to play in a starters role, just a few years removed from a Superbowl appearance. We all know if Kyle would have been healthy, the offense would have been run differently and more effectively; he's proven it ALL YEAR long!

Rex didn't lose this game, the Defense did, which is why the press is actually reporting on how poor they are playing. It is possible, you know, to actually win a game with only scoring 14 points.

I am however not excusing Rex. He was bad in the 2nd and third quarter. I am also saying if he was better than he played (regardless of practice time) he would be a starter and not a back up. So Rex is in fact like many back ups, in the sense that he is not good enough to play every game, but can fill in time to time (He led us to victory last week, fell short this week, if he does start next week, it should be his last for the season)

I dont doubt Kyle would have played better than Rex did. But I just cant seem to get the point accross that since Kyle could not have played, arguing that he would have played better than Rex is mute.

So let us actually debate things that could have changed, such as running Forte more than 8 times in the second half, Why Hester cant do anything well in the return game any more and why our defense is 31st in passing D.

It's just unbelievable how much hate Rex gets. The guy is trying. That's all you can ask.

Try sitting on your ass for almost 9 weeks without playing. Then, we'll see how good some of you hotshots are.

Whether Rex sticks in the NFL after this year, who knows.

But, i will continue to root for the guy to succeed if he does sign with another NFL team.

It's just unbelievable how much hate Rex gets. The guy is trying. That's all you can ask.

Sorry, but this is not pee wee football. Trying hard, or doing your best, is not enough. There are MANY players in the NFL, or not in the NFL, who may give it their all, but if their all is not enough, they do not often stick w/ the team, or even in the league.

Rex didn't lose this game, the Defense did, which is why the press is actually reporting on how poor they are playing. It is possible, you know, to actually win a game with only scoring 14 points.

I am however not excusing Rex. He was bad in the 2nd and third quarter. I am also saying if he was better than he played (regardless of practice time) he would be a starter and not a back up. So Rex is in fact like many back ups, in the sense that he is not good enough to play every game, but can fill in time to time (He led us to victory last week, fell short this week, if he does start next week, it should be his last for the season)

I dont doubt Kyle would have played better than Rex did. But I just cant seem to get the point accross that since Kyle could not have played, arguing that he would have played better than Rex is mute.

So let us actually debate things that could have changed, such as running Forte more than 8 times in the second half, Why Hester cant do anything well in the return game any more and why our defense is 31st in passing D.

I quite agree with you here. I'm not sure what the expectations of people on this board were but you can bet that unless he threw for 300+ with 3+ TD's and zero turnovers that he was going to get bashed.

For me, producing two TD's and only having one turnover against the top defense in the league surpassed my expectations. I had a fear of 5 turnovers and getting blown out. I was much less disheartened with this loss as I was with the Atlanta loss.

At this point, Rex is what he is, mediocre. You just have to hope Orton gets back quick.

Dude. Do you not get that this is exactly why you continually get ripped around here.

You feel Rex doesn't get a fair shake around here, and you defend him. Fine. Great. I have been on the minority side of many arguments on this board. But you don't just defend Rex. You feel the need to defend Rex by bashing Orton.

You could have simply thrown out a post showing how well Rex has done over his career against GB, and made your point. But you have to take it another step and attack Orton.

Enough man. Defend Rex all day and night. Rip Orton when he deserves it. But the need to tear down Orton in order to prop up Rex gets really old.

Rex is 3-0 at Lambeau. Get back to me when Montana Orton does it. 7.gif

Try sitting on your ass for almost 9 weeks without playing. Then, we'll see how good some of you hotshots are.

Whether Rex sticks in the NFL after this year, who knows.

But, i will continue to root for the guy to succeed if he does sign with another NFL team.

It's not hate pointing out a players deficiencies. Rex did not play good enough to help the team win. If he starts next week, he has to play a hell of alot better.

Peace :dabears