TravD's Who Should Be Fired/Extended/keep around thread

'TD'

I got bored and considering all the threads about firing people this week, I figured I'd take some time and give my opinion on what should be done with all of the coaches.

Lovie Smith Head Coach- Over there years here, I have made it pretty clear that I hate his scheme and really just don't like him as a coach. That being said, I can't find a reason for him to lose his job, or think of a comparable firing in the NFL. I know Dungy was fired for not being able to get his team over the top, but Lovie did have this team in the Super Bowl a couple years ago and the team has been pretty successful since his tenure started here.

TravD says: Keep Around

Bob Bablich Defensive Coordinator He was brought in to run Lovie's Defense the way he wanted it ran. He did that. Unfortunately, Lovie's version just isn't good. Ron Rivera's contrast is part of what made this D special.

TravD says: You're Fired!

Ron Turner Offensive Coordinator Ron has given me the most wtf moments of any coach on the Bears current staff. That being said, this year he has done alot with nothing this year. He also coached an offense that went to the Super Bowl.

TravD says: You're safe until there's a new Bears Head Coach.

Dave Toub Special Teams He succesfully fielded one of the best special teams units in the league. He's had the advantage of having players filling roster spots just to improve his special teams needs, but fulfilled that potential.

TravD says: EXTENDED!!! Hell I'd like to see you retire as our Special Teams Coach, lock him up as long as possible.

Pep Hamilton Quarterback Coach I'm not going to lie, last year I absolutely hate this guy. We heard all the work Grossman was doing on going back to basics and muscle memory training. Well it never seemed to work to well. The emergence of Orton this year shows me this guy has really been doing his job. The Orton of today is not the same as the one before Pep.

TravD says: Extension for you my friend!!!

Rob Boras Tight End Coach What can I say about this guys unit? He has Clark on a level he can start on most teams, but not on ours because Boras has done such a great job with Olsen. He also had our rookie Davis looking great this preseason.

TravD says: Extended!!! Without a doubt.

Darryl Drake Wide Reciever Coach Hester is coming along pretty darn well in his progression. He's really farther then what I thought he would be this year. There is also not alot of talent to work with at his position he is coaching, or so we think. Looking at recent ex-Bear WR's have been doing lately makes me think this guy has to be one of th worst coaches on the team. Gage is the top wide receiver on the best team in the league and the addition of Bradley to one of the worst teams in the league was a major help to their offense turning looking respectable. Bobby Wade even scored a TD this week.

TravD says: You're fired!!! Get the hell off my team.

Tim Spencer Running Back Coach Spence was given a top 5 draft pick to nurse and coddle into being an elite running back. He didn't accomplish that mission. I don't think it had anything to do with him and more to do with that pick screwing it up and being mentally unstable. What he has done since he has been here is resurrect Thomas Jones career, helped Matt Forte look like a superstar, and made AP look like a starter in the league at times along with other RB's the Bears have in and out of camp every year.

TravD says: Extension! You have earned it.

Harry Hiestand Offensive Line Coach The Bears have arguabley one of the least talented lines in the NFL. He was able to take this lackluster group and turn them into a respectable unit giving Orton time to make plays and Forte enough holes to look like a top back in the league.

TravD says: Extended!! He's doing a hell of a lot with so little.

Luke Butkus Assistant OL Coach See above

TravD says: Extension for you!

Charles London Offensive Assistant/Assistant WR Coach I have no idea who you are or what you do. I'm half tempted to say fired because of guilty by association to the WR corps.

TravD says: You can stick around a little.

Brick Haley Defensive Line Coach Ok, so you are given arguabley the most talent field area of the team and you help make them look like the worst in the league. I personally think the scheme has a lot to do with the failure at the position, but it's completely unacceptable for a coach to have this much talent and have them produce so little.

TravD says: You're F'n Fired, fired today, don't pack you're crap up, we'll mail it all to you!!!

Stephen Wilks Defensive Back Coach Wilks has made players like Graham and McBride look very good over the last couple years. Which makes this one of the hardest decisions of all the ones I've faced so far. I can't help but think a team with 2 Pro Bowl CB's and a Pro Bowl quality safety would be a hell of alot better. I like you're development of younger players, but if you can't get better then this out of your starters, well ....

TravD Says: Hit the road Jack, You're Fired!!!

Lee Lloyd Linebacker Coach You have a pretty easy job. You're given Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher to coach. Urlacher's production has declined this year, but I put that on purely scheme and it's not like Urlacher would be dropping off due to his coaching.

TravD Says: You can stick around.

Gill Byrd Assistant Definsive Back/Safeties An ASSistant coach to the second most embarrassing unit on this team...

TravD Says: You're F-I-R-E-D FIRED!!!!

Rusty Jones Strength and Conditioning Coordinator There's been a lot of injuries and the guys don't look like they are in too great of condition.

TravD Says: U R FIRED!!!

Jim Arthur Strength and Conditioning Assistant Same as above.

TravD Says: You're fired!

Eric Washington Defensive Assistant/D-Line Assistant He was just hired this year and the assistant to this D-line when they are the worst they have ever looked.

TravD Says: Do I even need to say it? You're FIRED!!!

Chris Tabor Special Teams Assistant Normally, this would be an automatic extension, since well, the Bears special teams over the years. Unfortunately tho, he was just hired this year, and well... the Bears special teams hasn't been as good this year.

TravD Says: You can stick around a little while

Great post!

I just disagree on Smith.

Fired! He keeps doing the same things over and over expecting different results. = insanity. Needs to go. Other Coaches who got their teams to SB's and were canned... Dan Reeves, Mike Martz, etc...Just getting there isn't good enough. Again, resting on laurels that no longer exist. He will be around mind you due to his new contract and the cheapness of the Bears, but I would fire him if I ran the circus.

Ron Turner Offensive Coordinator Ron has given me the most wtf moments of any coach on the Bears current staff. That being said, this year he has done alot with nothing this year. He also coached an offense that went to the Super Bowl.

TravD says: You're safe until there's a new Bears Head Coach.

I stopped reading right there. :puke

I say we give Virginia McCasckey her walking papers. She just doesn't inspire confidence or scintillate. Plus, she's lazy. Daniel Snyder puts in 14 hour work days...and that's why the Skins are so good.

On a side note, yet another perfect game from Pat Mannely. Ever wonder how he feels after a loss like this past one to Green Bay? Is he supposed to feel bad? Is he like "I'm part of a team that did bad today and Coach Smith says in this situation we just have to look in the mirror first if we wanna turn things around. So next game I resolve to be even more flawless than I usually am!". I would love to hear that press conference.