Is Tommie Harris back up to speed?

AZ54

There was one play Harris made today that caught my eye, and it wasn't either of his two sacks. It was the tackle he made on the RB about 12 yards downfield. In the past we've seen him hustle to make plays after the RB got behind the Dline but he hasn't done that much this year, at least not running that far downfield IIRC. Tommie has been practicing during the last few weeks and seeing him run like that, along with a couple sacks is making think that perhaps he is getting back to 100%. We'll find out next week.

There was one play Harris made today that caught my eye, and it wasn't either of his two sacks. It was the tackle he made on the RB about 12 yards downfield. In the past we've seen him hustle to make plays after the RB got behind the Dline but he hasn't done that much this year, at least not running that far downfield IIRC. Tommie has been practicing during the last few weeks and seeing him run like that, along with a couple sacks is making think that perhaps he is getting back to 100%. We'll find out next week.

LOL. IMHO he needs to be so he can start earning all that money we paid him. He had a good game today.

Can anyone answer this?

I watched the game online yesterday, so it was a bit more limited. One thing I wonder is, how much did Harrison play. He seemed to play more, but I really don't know how much.

But my main question is, on Harris' sacks, who was the NT? I think there are multiple reason for the improved defensive play (playing an awful team, some new scheming like stunts, new inspiration) but I also wonder how much personnel changed had to do w/ it.

I don't recall 100%, but Harrison was in only a few times.

The other NT was usually Dusty...

But I started to see stunts! One of the Ogun sacks was just that...

I really feel it's all of the above...

Can anyone answer this?

I watched the game online yesterday, so it was a bit more limited. One thing I wonder is, how much did Harrison play. He seemed to play more, but I really don't know how much.

But my main question is, on Harris' sacks, who was the NT? I think there are multiple reason for the improved defensive play (playing an awful team, some new scheming like stunts, new inspiration) but I also wonder how much personnel changed had to do w/ it.

Can anyone answer this?

I rewatched the sacks (thank you NFL game pass) and it was the same lineup on both sacks:

Ogunluye-Adams-Harris-Anderson

Noticeable: 1st sack was against a STL 2-TE set and Anderson had almost driven the LT into Green as well.

My impression was that, in general, Dusty was in on running plays and that Harrison spelled Harris as the 3-technique tackle.

Thanks for clarifying that!

I rewatched the sacks (thank you NFL game pass) and it was the same lineup on both sacks:

Ogunluye-Adams-Harris-Anderson

Noticeable: 1st sack was against a STL 2-TE set and Anderson had almost driven the LT into Green as well.

My impression was that, in general, Dusty was in on running plays and that Harrison spelled Harris as the 3-technique tackle.

we'll know after the Viking game. We can't take much from yesterday's contest save for the Bears did what they had to do and the Rams have quit.

Agree. The Rams had lost Pace at LT and had some other injury problems on the OL as well. If we didn't get sacks here, then there'd be concern. But this game just says, IMdO, that they cna outplay a very bad Rams Oline.