NFL suspends Pat and Kevin Williams

Da Bears 88

NFL Suspended Deuce McAllister, DE Charles Grant, DE Will Smith, DT Kevin Williams, DT Pat Williams, and LS Brian Pittman for the final four games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Link

I'm thinking this is not the last we have heard about this.

If reports are true, it sure sounds like there are questionable circumstances involved w/ this one. As I understand it, the diet pills (or whatever) did not list the banned substance. Further, some players from New Orleans actually called the hot line the league has set up, and it listed the same ingredients as the company that made the pills listed. So at this point, I have to say, it sounds like the players did their due-diligence to find out if the pills would be okay or not.

Further, it appears the league medical guy knew the pills had the banned substance, but didn't inform the teams or players.

Hey, I love the Minny fat boys being suspended, but if I'm a player, I have to ask, what the hell. Are they supposed to send everything they purchase to a lab to be tested before use? Come on. It is bad enough the drug company didn't list the substance, but if the players resource tool is to use this hot line the league has set up, and that too provide inaccurate info, how can you punish the players? Especially when the league own doctor knew the banned substance was in the pill, and did nothing to inform players. Heck, he didn't even see to it the banned substance was added to the list of ingredients listed off on the hot line.

Sorry, this one really stinks and I think we have not heard the last of it. It would not shock me if there was an injunction filed by the players.

I wonder if the flux of the players union makes this harder for the players to fight?

It would be nice to see the big boys suspended from purely selfish reasons...but I don't really think it matters. Minny should win/lose due to their offense more in the next 4 games than their D.

I'm thinking this is not the last we have heard about this.

If reports are true, it sure sounds like there are questionable circumstances involved w/ this one. As I understand it, the diet pills (or whatever) did not list the banned substance. Further, some players from New Orleans actually called the hot line the league has set up, and it listed the same ingredients as the company that made the pills listed. So at this point, I have to say, it sounds like the players did their due-diligence to find out if the pills would be okay or not.

Further, it appears the league medical guy knew the pills had the banned substance, but didn't inform the teams or players.

Hey, I love the Minny fat boys being suspended, but if I'm a player, I have to ask, what the hell. Are they supposed to send everything they purchase to a lab to be tested before use? Come on. It is bad enough the drug company didn't list the substance, but if the players resource tool is to use this hot line the league has set up, and that too provide inaccurate info, how can you punish the players? Especially when the league own doctor knew the banned substance was in the pill, and did nothing to inform players. Heck, he didn't even see to it the banned substance was added to the list of ingredients listed off on the hot line.

Sorry, this one really stinks and I think we have not heard the last of it. It would not shock me if there was an injunction filed by the players.