Bears getting healthier

Connorbear

Wale and Adams may not even play tomorrow. :unsure:

Adewale Ogunleye and nose tackle Anthony Adams sat out practice for the second straight day on Thursday, making it questionable if they will be ready for Sunday's game against the

Jaguards.

Ogunleye is dealing with a shoulder injury while Adams had his right big toe wrapped in the locker room.

Adams had trouble on the Metrodome turf Sunday but said he would be fine. Ogunleye hasn't discussed his injury.

The Bears are already without Dusty Dvoracek, who ruptured his biceps muscle in Minnesota and is out for the season.

If Ogunleye and Adams can't go, Mark Anderson and Israel Idonije would likely step in.

Link

Wale and Adams may not even play tomorrow. :unsure:

Link

You're a day behind.

Peace :dabears

Adams, Ogunleye likely to play

By NICK HUT - nhut@nwnewsgroup.com

LAKE FOREST - Coach Lovie Smith said he expects defensive tackle Anthony Adams (foot) and defensive end Adewale Ogunleye (shoulder) to play Sunday.

Both players returned to practice Friday, albeit on a limited basis, and both are listed as questionable on the injury report.

"I felt good," Ogunleye said. "Ultimately, it's coach Smith's decision. I'm going with the [mind-set] that I'm going to go on Sunday."

Linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer (achilles) is listed as probable, and fullback Jason McKie (quadricep) is doubtful. Jason Davis makes his second consecutive start for McKie, who, Smith said, isn't expected back anytime soon.

In Jacksonville, cornerback Rashean Mathis (knee) has been placed on injured reserve and is out for the season.

Fullback Greg Jones (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday, and tight end Greg Estandia (foot) and defensive tackle Tony McDaniel (toe) are probable.

Sack man: Ogunleye was disappointed to have only 6.5 sacks in 2006, but the Bears made the Super Bowl that season.

Ogunleye bumped up his sack total to nine last season, and the Bears were also-rans who watched the postseason from home.

"I'm trying to get that balance where I have high numbers and we win," Ogunleye said.

Although Ogunleye would prefer to have more than 4.5 sacks going into the final four games of this season, adding to his total is not the foremost thing on his mind.

"As the weather might tell you - [it's] a little cold here in Chicago - teams are going to start running the ball a little more," Ogunleye said. "It's not going to be a pass-happy type of last couple of weeks. So, really, the key for me right now is winning.

"If getting more sacks these last few games is a good correlation to wins, I need to do that."

On your toes: The Bears have not faced an especially mobile quarterback since Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb on Sept. 28, but Jacksonville's David Garrard is a dual threat who has 231 rushing yards this season.

"You've got to prepare for trying to keep him in the pocket," Bears linebacker Lance Briggs said. "They have plays where they kind of set it up for him to run, which creates an extra blocker for us to account for.

"From a defensive standpoint, we just have to be more aware of who we're dealing with. It's a different kind of assignment."

Lighter in the wallet: The NFL fined Bears cornerback Charles Tillman and wide receiver Brandon Lloyd $7,500 apiece for horse-collar tackles Sunday night at Minnesota.

Lloyd's tackle came on an interception return. Tillman has been fined for horse-collar tackles three times in the past two seasons.

Ogunleye was not fined for what the Vikings felt was a late hit on quarterback Gus Frerotte. The officials did not throw a flag, and the league saw no need to penalize Ogunleye, either.

Minnesota cornerback Benny Sapp drew a $5,000 fine for smacking Bears wide receiver Rashied Davis in the helmet during a brief skirmish.

Whoops.

BTW, can we please stop with the "peace" after every post?

No offense man, but it's really annoying.

Well, that's the 2nd time you've asked me that. No offense, but I am not going to stop simply because it annoys you. My suggestion - simply ignore the end of my posts or ignore my posts all together. It really has nothing to do with you but instead with me. To give it a Star Trek perspective, its my way of saying live long and prosper.

Peace :dabears

For somebody who nobody likes around here to make a request to a one of the more likeable posters here because they don't "like" something that guy is doing is ridiculous.

I actually think Bears 88 is one of the best posters on here. Some might not agree with his opinions, but hes got the balls to stand up for what he thinks and its commendable. Also, hes normally right, people just hate the way he presents his arguments, which is fine.

For somebody who nobody likes around here to make a request to a one of the more likeable posters here because they don't "like" something that guy is doing is ridiculous.

I actually think Bears 88 is one of the best posters on here. Some might not agree with his opinions, but hes got the balls to stand up for what he thinks and its commendable. Also, hes normally right, people just hate the way he presents his arguments, which is fine.