McNabb

canadianbear

I know this is a wet dream, but there has to be at least SOME truths to rumours that he can be available.

So knowing he has one year left on his contract, and wants an extension, perhaps Philli will want to move on with Klobb.

Question is, what would it take to get him here?

First round pick? More/less?

What would the Bears give up for him?

Personally, if we could get McNabb, I would give up a number one and three. Draft online in round 2 and sign free agent receiver...

We have to assume Williams will step in next year at LT so we really just must replace Garza.

Of course Saftey also must be addressed but hey...its a pipedream anyway.

Comments?

Honestly, until the playoffs play out...you can't sepculate.

What if he leads the team to a SB win? The Giants did basically just that last season...

I know this is a wet dream, but there has to be at least SOME truths to rumours that he can be available.

So knowing he has one year left on his contract, and wants an extension, perhaps Philli will want to move on with Klobb.

Question is, what would it take to get him here?

First round pick? More/less?

What would the Bears give up for him?

Personally, if we could get McNabb, I would give up a number one and three. Draft online in round 2 and sign free agent receiver...

We have to assume Williams will step in next year at LT so we really just must replace Garza.

Of course Saftey also must be addressed but hey...its a pipedream anyway.

Comments?

McNabb is signed with Philly through 2014. It's the Eagles who aren't comfortable with his contract going forward. This year they paid him $6.3M. However, that salary baloons starting next year as follows: $9M, $10M, $12M, $14M, and $16M

The problem with them trading McNabb is that Kolb played like crap the game they started him. He was 10 for 23, threw 2 Ints with no TDs, and ended the day with a 15 passer rating. OUCH!!! That's not the kind of performance that gives a team confidence that the kid is capable of being the starter in '09.

McNabb is signed with Philly through 2014. It's the Eagles who aren't comfortable with his contract going forward. This year they paid him $6.3M. However, that salary baloons starting next year as follows: $9M, $10M, $12M, $14M, and $16M

The problem with them trading McNabb is that Kolb played like crap the game they started him. He was 10 for 23, threw 2 Ints with no TDs, and ended the day with a 15 passer rating. OUCH!!! That's not the kind of performance that gives a team confidence that the kid is capable of being the starter in '09.

Nice stats. I do think McNabb is worth every penny of the 9 and 10 mil. He is in his prime right now and would gretly benefit from our style of play. His WR's aren't really good and they don't have out TE's and ground game. Sure he would miss Westbrook if we got him, but he would love Olsen, Hester and Forte. And damn he throws a great deep ball!

I just don't see Philly parting with him. I also would not give a #1 and #3 for him.

I'd love to get him. I wouldn't mind giving up a 1st & 3rd round draft pick. I wouldn't mind the 9 million+ cap cap hit. But I do have a problem with giving both, especially when McNabb's 32 and injury-prone.

Three years ago Bears fans were pleading for Dante Culpepper. Last year some were begging for Derek Anderson. You go all out to get one player and it cripples your franchise when it doesn't work.

With the luck the Bears have had at QB, and as bad as our WR's are, it could be disastrous. Matt Forte is no Brian Westrbrook, and much rather have Desean Jackson & Kevin Curtis over our WR's.

If Philly dumps him, we should pursue him in free agency. Otherwise, no thanks.