Parcel's?

ParkerBear7

honestly, what's the point of this thread? I don't mean to be cruel, but damn. You think Ted Phillips is gonna fire Jerry and Lovie, bring in Parcels (who likely won't leave Miami, unless for a HC spot), and just start a hole overhaul of our offensive and defensive schemes? My god. Yeah, it worked for the Dolphins, but they already had a lot of the personal needed for Parcels schemes, and they are the exception, not the rule.

I honestly don't mean to be cruel, but if you want to dream, go right ahead. Post it in one of the other 80 thousand coaching threads we have. No need to waste a thread on a dream scenario that has about a .00000000000001 chance of happening.

honestly, what's the point of this thread? I don't mean to be cruel, but damn. You think Ted Phillips is gonna fire Jerry and Lovie, bring in Parcels (who likely won't leave Miami, unless for a HC spot), and just start a hole overhaul of our offensive and defensive schemes? My god. Yeah, it worked for the Dolphins, but they already had a lot of the personal needed for Parcels schemes, and they are the exception, not the rule.

I honestly don't mean to be cruel, but if you want to dream, go right ahead. Post it in one of the other 80 thousand coaching threads we have. No need to waste a thread on a dream scenario that has about a .00000000000001 chance of happening.

Wow,

Might not meant to be cruel, but honestly why do you care if it is a separate thread? If you did not like it, just move on. No harm no foul, let the man post as he wishes.

Wow,

Might not meant to be cruel, but honestly why do you care if it is a separate thread? If you did not like it, just move on. No harm no foul, let the man post as he wishes.

Because it pushes down the actual threads worth talking about, and just creates a bunch of useless clutter when you are actually trying to find a thread from the list.

BearSox: First I appreciate your candid comment and no offense taken but every where the Tuna has gone he has made a big impact. Hence the "big Tuna" nickname. I respect your knowledge of the game and contributions to this forum but where do you get off being so damn critical and I did not know I needed your approval before creating a new thread.

So the point of this thread you asks? The point is this:

While we all know the Bears do not make radical aquistions but that is one of the bests things about this forum is that we can all express our opinions or conjure up hypothetical situations to help numb the pain we all feel by the mediocre product that we have to endure as die hard Bears fans year after year. Even when we have a winning team, we are winning ugly! Maybe if Bear fans stopped acting like cub fans (which I know you are not) we would force ownership to do something. Seems to be that this is how the Sox where able to get the organization turned around and win a world series in our life time. The Sox fans simply refused to support losing year after year. In all honestly I do not mean to offend the cub fans out there just want to use them as an example here.

You also mentioned that Parcels went to Miami because he alread had most of the peices to run his scheme. I hardly would say that only keeping slighly less than half of a 54 man roster when arriving to Miam is having most of the pieces in place for Parcel's scheme. I think he wanted some nice weather for a change as well as to feed his ego as the primary reasons or the maybe he wanted to be associated with every team in the AFC East before retiring? So odds says that Bill will end up in Buffalo before Chicago. I never said that Phillips would fire Angelo, Lovie et al so please do not put words in my posts that are not there. Is it so proposterous to imaginge Bill coming and being the replacement for Phillips? I like Angelo overall and he has done a good job since becoming the Bears GM but what will it take to get this organization to the next level? Marc Cuban would be a nice start but that would not happen either. But I do have to ask who can honestly say they thought Bolen was going to fire his close friend of 21 years in Mike Shanahan? Now that seems radical!

This porbably beongs on another thread but too bad! I have one final request; please stop calling for Kerry Collins to come in here as a FA qb! That makes no sense at all. We already tried the old retred qb's like Greise etc and we know these guys are washed up and overpaid. If the Bears had an OL like Tenn than Rex/Orton could probably be the guys here and we not be talking about any of this becasue we would be chatting about our playoff matcup this week. I want some young blood who can play good football without being another liability to be accounted for. I am in favor of brining in guys like Cassels (we can not afford to let him go to Minny or Detroit). Even Derek Anderson may be available depending on who the Browns bring in as GM / HC and he would be much better than Collins and also be an immediate number 2 and compete for number 1. But as you already pointed out: everything on this forum has about a .00000000000001 chance of happening. But is that not why they play the games and why we continue to write these posts?

Happy New Years to all! Go Bears, Go Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks, Rush, Fire and Cubs in that order! :dabears :cheers

It's Parcell's not Parcel's....... and the thread is moronic !

If anyone thinks for a second there is a snow balls chance in hell of Parcell's running the BEARS any time soon.

They probably still believe in the tooth fairy too !!

But that's just my opinion...... :dabears

If anyone thinks for a second there is a snow balls chance in hell of Parcell's running the BEARS any time soon.

Dude, you have no business calling anyone's thread moronic after the stuff you post.

And Bearsox,

If you dont like it dont read it. The only way threads stay at the top is if you respond to it. And if alot of people respond then it IS worth talking about.

I thought it was with 2 "l's", but the other guy threw me off with on 1 "l". Also, just get this completely correct, there's no *'* in Parcells.

I see nothing wrong with the post. There is a decent chance he'll become a FA if the Dolphins are sold, he can opt out his contract and get paid the rest of it which is a decent sum.

I agree Chicago probably won't look at him. That's more wrong with the Bears owners then it is with his posting the idea tho.