Broncos hire McDaniels

BearSox

I like the hiring, but it seems like they are replacing Shanny with a much younger Shanny. Both are great offensive minded coaches who are great with QB's and connect with their players.

Now, I'm thinking Romeo Crennel as their DC.

There was some reports about McDaniels wanting Sean McDermott as the DC, but it looks like Capers will be the DC. Good move by McDaniels if it is Capers. While McDermott is a great young defensive mind (secondary coach for Philadelphia), I don't think it would be wise to have two guys who are both in their early 30's being pretty much the top 2 coaches on the team. Someone like Capers has a ton of experience and would be a great fit for McDaniels. McDaniels will likely focus mainly on the offensive aspect of the game, and he could give Capers pretty much all of the control of the defense.

However, lets say McDaniels pretty much was all offense and gave McDermott control over the whole defense, they could form one of the best coaching combinations in the history of the NFL. That is if they both pan out, and McDermott never wants a HC job.

But while we're on the subject of McDermott, man oh man would I love for him to be our DC. He'd bring the scheme of defense that I would want here.

There was some reports about McDaniels wanting Sean McDermott as the DC, but it looks like Capers will be the DC. Good move by McDaniels if it is Capers. While McDermott is a great young defensive mind (secondary coach for Philadelphia), I don't think it would be wise to have two guys who are both in their early 30's being pretty much the top 2 coaches on the team. Someone like Capers has a ton of experience and would be a great fit for McDaniels. McDaniels will likely focus mainly on the offensive aspect of the game, and he could give Capers pretty much all of the control of the defense.

However, lets say McDaniels pretty much was all offense and gave McDermott control over the whole defense, they could form one of the best coaching combinations in the history of the NFL. That is if they both pan out, and McDermott never wants a HC job.

But while we're on the subject of McDermott, man oh man would I love for him to be our DC. He'd bring the scheme of defense that I would want here.

While I would love to change scheme, I'm not sure it would change. Rivera wasn't able to change the scheme while he was here. He sure ran things different though. I remember around the Pittsburgh game that year, Hub said that Lovie was taking more control of the defense. The defense started to get worse too.

While an influence from outside of this scheme is needed, I'm not sure the scheme will ever change.